Surveillance of Manipulation

[LOCATION: Scarabia Dorm – Empty Private Room]

GRIM: Kalim was in a good mood today.
AZUL: Yes, to me it seemed like the usual Kalim-san.
"However, his eyes get so much narrower when he's angry and he speaks in a scary way." Hazel said.
JADE: Is that an indicator of his mood, I wonder?
FLOYD: What do you mean?
JADE: I simply cannot fathom Kalim-san being as moody as Floyd, after all...
 I feel as if there's some other underlying factor to consider.

"That's what I suspect as well. Something bigger is going on here." Hazel stated.
GRIM: Jamil said it's 'cause they couldn't place during the Magift Tournament and during the tests.
FLOYD: Eh~? Was Rakko-chan the type to worry about that?
GRIM: Otter...?
JADE: He's talking about Kalim-san. Floyd loves nicknaming people after sea creatures.
He refers to you fondly as Azarashi-chan due to your slightly pudgy and adorable silhouette as well. And Lionfish for Hazel because she can be like an actual lioness.
GRIM: "Pudgy" sounds like an insult, yanno!
FLOYD: Rakko-chan's always smiling and moving to the beat of his own drum like an otter, right?
AZUL: Indeed. He is very cheerful, and I just cannot imagine him becoming very unstable just because of one bad grade or that he didn't place in Magift.
Like Hazel said, there is a high possibility that the cause is entirely something else.
It seems like becoming more familiar with him will be helpful with solving our problem.
Jade, can I ask you to have a little "talk" with him for a little bit?
JADE: Understood. However, Jamil-san might pose as a little bit of a challenge.

"Jade's right. He was on edge when you guys decided to intrude." Hazel pointed out.
JADE: Kalim-san on the other hand might "talk" without problems.
FLOYD: Then, I'm gonna go play with Umihebi-kun while you do that~
AZUL: Very good. I shall accompany you.
ALL: Fufufu...

GRIM: Their eyes are definitely saying something else, yanno...

"At least, they are helping us. Don't forget that Grim." Hazel reminded her fellow dormmate.

[LOCATION: Scarabia Dorm – Jamil's Room]

JAMIL: (sigh)... Kalim's deciding things on his own again.
Does he know how hard I've worked for this... Damn it...!
Kalim's already asleep, so there shouldn't be any more problems for now.

(knock, knock)

JAMIL: Who could it be at this hour...?

AZUL: Good evening, Jamil-san.
FLOYD: Hello~~
GRIM: We're intruding!

"Sorry for visiting so late." Hazel smiled.

JAMIL: !! ... What do you need?
AZUL: We found a board game I have never seen before when Kalim-san toured us around his treasure vault. Kalim-san explained the rules to me, but I simply couldn't follow.
FLOYD: How do you play this board game? What's with the holes and jewels...?
JAMIL: Oh, that's Mancala. It's a popular board game back at home. 
AZUL: I am part of the Board Game Club, so I am naturally curious. Would you please play a game with us?
FLOYD: Me, too~! I wanna play with Umihebi-kun~! Aha~~
GRIM: There's no way the great Grim'll back out from a contest, yanno!
JAMIL: ... Kalim's asleep already, so it shouldn't be a problem.
I understand. My room can't accommodate this many people, so let's move to the lounge.

-------------------------

[LOCATION: Scarabia Dorm – Hallway]

JADE: I am so sorry, Kalim-san. I did not know that you were already sleeping.
I should return tomorrow. I can't believe how selfish I was for requesting to see the treasure vault again...
KALIM: It's fine, don't worry~! What'd you wanna see?
JADE: I was so curious about the tapestry and carpets deep inside the room.
 Such handicrafts are a very rare sight under the sea.
I am very interested in your country's culture, you see?
Especially since a vast desert is the exact opposite of our hometown.
KALIM: Ah! I think I have a carpet somewhere that'd look good inside your dorm, too!
It's just gathering dust here, so you can have it if you want~
JADE: Will that be okay?
KALIM: Of course! Okay, we're here.

[LOCATION: Scarabia Dorm – Treasure Vault]

JADE: Ah, seeing it up close is truly a marvelous sight...!
JADE: Kalim-san, what is this peacock-green fabric?
KALIM: Oh, that's weaved silk. It's a story from long, long ago, back before they reformed the rule of royals only marrying royals. You see, the princess married a "street rat" raised in the slums. That's the color she always wore.That color's actually pretty popular among boys and girls back at home!
JADE: How marvelous! I feel like I understand the Mermaid Princess's interest and desire for such things now. Managing all these treasures must be a lot of work.
KALIM: Jamil takes care of that, actually. He airs them out sometimes, too. In fact, he takes care of a lot of things for me. It's a rule because his family acts as retainers to mine.
JADE: Jamil-san is such a capable aide. Azul has talked highly of him, too.
KALIM: Ehehe~ He is, right? He's really amazing! It's Jamil who taught me magic and how to study better, too. He teaches way better than any tutor I've had.
Ah, he's a really great dancer, too! Though... He doesn't dance in front of a lot of people...
JADE: And you do not confide in that amazing Jamil-san?
KALIM: Eh...?
JADE: It is a long vacation and yet the students in the dorm are being made to train severely every day... It is something I simply cannot think you will do. Why do this though?
KALIM: Ah... That's...
It's because we really needed more training... I think...?
JADE: It is your own decision, is it not? Why do you sound so unsure?
KALIM: I see what you mean... It's supposed to be my decision, but...
I feel like I've been spacing out a lot lately...
JADE: And why is that?
KALIM: Jamil said that it's because I'm just getting tired because of my duties and all that...
JADE: Oh?
KALIM: I've had a bad streak of falling asleep when I'm facing something difficult...
My home tutors and Jamil lecture me a lot when that happens...
JADE: And what difficult things do you mean, to be exact?
KALIM: Things like the Magift Tournament, the exams, and not ranking in them... And what counter-measures we can come up with and all that...
KALIM: I think about them and then I end up spacing out. I'm so hopeless, huh...~
JADE: Was it not your idea to come up with the training during winter break?
KALIM: Yeah, that's right... I think...
JADE: Another indecisive response...

JADE: (He leaves me with no choice. My winning rate is maybe 5%, but I shall bring my trump card out now.)

JADE: Ah, ow...!
KALIM: What happened?
JADE: I am sorry, it seems like something got in my eye. Would you please take a look?
KALIM: Are you okay? Can you lean down a bit...? Which eye?
JADE: My left eye. Look straight into my left eye... Yes, just like that... "There is no need to be afraid, I want to be of help to you."
JADE: Shock the Heart.
KALIM: ... Eh?
JADE: You must swear to answer the truth and only the truth to my questions.
"You are..."

-------------------------------------------

Jade is gonna get some info out of Kalim now. Find out by tomarrow everyone!

Plz comment and stay safe!