A humane heart overcomes magic

[LOCATION: Scarabia Dorm – Empty Private Room]

Rather than going over to Kalim's room, Hazel was able to leave with the Octavinelle boys to the Empty Private Room where Grim was being held prisoner before. Hazel used her wand to spruce up the place, and the bed was made bigger too, along with a canopy. 

AZUL: Thank you for the hard work, Jade. Did you manage to have a talk with Kalim-san?
JADE: Yes. It is as you thought, Azul. It is highly probable that Kalim-san is being brainwashed and controlled using magic.
GRIM: Brainwashed!?

"I thought so too. This was way too familiar..." Hazel said.

GRIM: Is that even possible?
JADE: You know how Ruggie-san is able to control people's movements with his magic, yes? There are a variety of hypnotic magic that can control a person's mind as well.
However, it requires quite a high-leveled technique and magical capabilities, so...
As a result there aren't many magicians out there who dare use it...
FLOYD: It'd be impossible unless they have Azul's technique and magical power.
AZUL: Even so, It would still be difficult to attempt to control a living being like that.
GRIM: I don't think there's anyone on Azul's level here in Scarabia, let alone the school, yanno? Except Hazel that is. Besides, Kalim's unique magic can only summon water. And Jamil said that he was a pretty average student, too.

"And that's where I sensed a red flag." Hazel said getting the attention. "I don't think he's being truthful about himself."
AZUL: I agree with my pearl. A skilled hawk hides its talons, as the saying goes.
FLOYD: So, who's doing it and what do they gain from controlling Rakko-chan?
JADE: Unfortunately, I was not able to extract that information.
FLOYD: You couldn't figure it out even with your unique magic?
GRIM: Jade's unique magic? Oh, yeah... I don't think we've seen his unique magic yet. What's it do?
FLOYD: Floyd... I always tell you to be careful about revealing our unique magic to others, do I not?
AZUL: Well, telling Hazel and Grim-san will not do any harm. 

"I may be a bit of a troublemaker myself, but I'm no snitch." Hazel confirmed.
GRIM: Me too! Me Too!
JADE: (sighs)... Very well, then. The more aware people become of my unique magic, the more they become cautious around me. Which is why I do not like talking about it, but...My unique magic is called "Shock the Heart". Simply put, it allows someone to tell me only the absolute truth.
GRIM: Wha–!? Does that mean they can't lie to you!?
JADE: I can only use it against a person once.
Once I have used it, I cannot use it on the same person again.
Another problem it that, it is not guaranteed to work on strong magicians or someone as overly cautious as Azul.
 It will only work perfectly against those who are gullible and those who are doubting their own hearts.
 As a result, It is a unique magic that is quite limited, I'm afraid.
FLOYD: It works so much better against cowards and crybabies though~
JADE: Fufufu, indeed.
GRIM: That's a pretty twisted smile...

"Boys..." Hazel said wanting to know what happened.
JADE: In any case, Kalim-san is the overly friendly type, so he easily fell for my magic.
However...

------Flashback--------------

Scarabia Dorm – Treasure Vault

JADE: Look straight into my left eye... Yes, just like that... "There is no need to be afraid, I want to be of help to you." Shock the Heart.
KALIM: ... Eh?
JADE: You must swear to answer the truth and only the truth to my questions."Do you know any students here who can use hypnotic magic?"
KALIM: I do.
JADE: Then, what is his name?
KALIM: That's... I can't say.
JADE: Eh?
KALIM: It's something I absolutely can't tell anyone. I promised him long ago. That's why I won't say it.
JADE: Is that so...? I understand.
KALIM: ... Hm? What was I doing just now...?
JADE: Thank you very much. Thanks to your help, I have cleared what I was tasked to do.
KALIM: R-really? I don't really get it, but it's good that you're feeling better!
JADE: Indeed.

[Flashback END]

JADE: That's how it went.
AZUL: Hahaha! How very interesting indeed!  Kalim-san's kindness completely won against your unique magic.
JADE: It is very frustrating to admit, but that is what happened.
FLOYD: I always thought he'd be loose-lipped, so that's unexpected~
JADE: That just means that it is a very dear promise to him.

"And whoever did this to him, is also someone he absolutely trusts with even his life. It's the only explanation why he won't reveal anything else." Hazel added, not liking where this is going.

"That makes sense." Grim said folding his arms.
AZUL: Fufu... Still, that dedication has practically revealed the cause of strife within their dorm. All we need to do is to add the finishing touches. Let us catch the one responsible red-handed, shall we?

"So what do we do, Azul?" Hazel asked.
AZUL: I have a plan. First...

----------------------------------------------------

Here's another part of the main story! 

Plz comment and stay safe!