Chapter 2

Hopper's POV:

Hopper's POV:

The next day I arrived at the Byer's house at exactly 9am, knowing that if I didn't Joyce would be very angry at me and would be calling the station to get a hold of me. 

I walked up to the door 1 minute to 9am but before I could knock the door swung open and Joyce was on the other side. 

"You're on time." She says, sounding very shocked.

"I knew you would hound me if I wasn't." I told her. She looked at me for a moment, almost as if she was going to take offense to it but then realised that I was right. 

"Come on, we should get over there now." She says, grabbing her coat and going to head out the door.

"Hold on, wait a second Joyce." I said, trying to stop her from speeding to the truck.

"What?" 

"I think we should go to the shops first. Grab her a couple of things. When I was in there yesterday she didn't have many things and if she did it was things she sourced from the woods. I don't think she leaves there." 

"She must leave the woods at some point. She needs to eat." 

"I think she hunts in the woods and cooks it over a fire and grows things. She doesn't have anything from a shop in her little house except from maybe her clothes but I think she probably stole them." I say.

"Okay, shops first and then straight there. But we are not being any longer than an hour in the shops. The quicker we get to her, the faster we can find out if she knows anything else about Will and the faster I can get my boy home." Joyce says, walking out the door and this time I don't stop her. 

I follow behind her, locking the door behind me and jump into the drivers seat.

--

3rd POV:

They head into Bradley's Big Buy to get some food and other little bits a pieces for Ivy. 

While there Hopper heads over to the book section and picks up a couple of simple writing and math books. From being there yesterday he can tell that she can't speak that well and he would guess that her writing and other skills like that are not that developed. He would like to know why she lives in the woods and can't speak well but it is probably a sensitive subject and he doesn't want to make her uncomfortable. He just hopes that if they get to know each other a bit more than she'll open up. He wants to help her.

"Done?" Joyce asks him, joining him down the books aisle. 

"Yeah, just getting these as well." He says dropping them into the full trolley. 

They had stuck to simple foods, things you can cook over a fire and also little snacks that don't need cooking at all. With the drinks Hopper mainly picked out things that doesn't have a lot of sugar in it as he doesn't want her to have a sugar high as she clearly has never had it. However, Joyce did throw in a few bits of chocolate.