Chapter 82

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Max passes Ivy Fred's file and she gets out Chrissy's. They head over to the desk and open the files out, spreading everything inside all over the desk. Max notices a page in Chrissy's file and starts to read it to herself. As she reads she starts to notice similarities between her symptoms and Chrissy's.

"Can I see Fred's file?" She asks Steve.

"Yeah." He says, passing the file to her.

She goes through Fred's file looking for a page like the one she found in Chrissy's file and she found it. She compared the two of them an saw that they were exactly the same and she had the same symptoms.

"Max? What is it?" Dustin says but she doesn't answer him. She just keeps staring at the pages in front of her.

They were all looking over her shoulder and noticed her comparing the two sheets.

"Max?" Ivy called, noticing Max had stopped moving. "Max..." She calls again and she gets no answer. The boys notice Max not answering and see that she isn't moving.

"Max." Steve says and none of them get an answer. " Max, come on."

Ivy bends down and looks at Max's face. When she looks she notices that Max seems to be in a trance. She looks back up to the other two and was about to tell them when she heard a clock chime. She spun her head around to the door and looked out it, hearing the clock chiming from out there.

"Ivy?" Steve says, noticing her weird behaviour.

"Did you hear that?" She asks them, having heard the noise for the last two days and finally decided to ask the others.

"Hear what?" Dustin asks.

"That chime. That clock chiming." She says as the clock chimes for the second time.

"What clock? Ivy there isn't a clock that chimes in this school." Steve says.

"But..." She trails off, hearing it again.

She looks to Max and back up to the boys as it chimes one last time. Just as the last chime finishes Max shoots up gasping for air.

"Whoa, whoa. What happened?" Steve says.

Max looks around, making sure she was awake again. She sees Ivy knelt down beside her and pulls her into a hug, really needing it after what she just saw.

"What happened?" Ivy asks when Max pulls out of the hug.

"Come with me." She says, getting out of the chair and pulling them all to the hallway.

She walks to where she saw the grandfather clock imbedded in the wall.

"It was right here." She tells them. "It was a grandfather clock. It looked like it was shoved into the wall, it was at an angle."