Chapter 42

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

They made a god distance as they walked through the tunnels. They made it to a room that was a little bigger than the others. It had a big bum hole looking thing on the ceiling. It was the thing that was spitting out all of the particles.

"God." Lucas says when he sees the thing on the ceiling.

"What is this place." Max asks.

"Guys, come on. Keep moving." Steve says. He doesn't want to stay long with that thing in the room. He doesn't know what it could do to them.

"Dustin, you okay?" Ivy asks when he just stops.

"What the hell?" Dustin says when he hears the breathing of the creature on the ceiling. He shines his torch on it and is a little shocked when he gets a proper look at it.

"Dustin we should go." Ivy says, seeing that the creature is about to do something but she doesn't want to leave Dustin behind.

"AHHHH! Shit!" Dustin screams when he is hit with a blast of particles from the creature.

Ivy pulled him back and set him on the ground. She got hit by the blast as well but she was more worried about Dustin as he got hit with the worst of it.

"Help! Help! Help! Help!" He shouts, trying to alert the others that they were still behind.

"Dustin." Mike calls out as they all head back to where Ivy and Dustin are.

Ivy was knelt on the ground in front of Dustin, checking him for injuries but he didn't seem to have any. Just as the others rounded the corner she pulled her mask down a little and coughed out the flehm that had accumulated in her throat from the blast.

"Dustin! Ivy!" They all shout, making it over to the other two. Dustin runs over to them, tripping on a vine and falling to the ground at their feet.

"What happened! What happened!?" Steve asks as he runs over to Dustin, kneeling in front of him just like Ivy did.

"It's in my mouth! Some got on my mouth! Shit!" Dustin freaks out which turns into a coughing fit.

"Oh, shit." Steve says, worried about what was going to happen to Dustin.

When Dustin finished coughing he spit out what came out of his throat and he was good again. He looked up at the others and flashed them a smile.

"I'm okay." He tells them.

"You serious?"

"Very funny, man." Steve says but then he notices something. "Where's Ivy?" He asks Dustin. He knows she was at the back of the pack, wanting to make sure everyone stays together.

Before Dustin could answer, a coughing fit starts just behind Dustin. They all run over to her and watch her as she coughs a little more violently than Dustin. Steve knelt down beside her and rubbed a hand up and down her back. A few seconds later she had coughed up all the dust particles that had been caught in her throat.