Chapter 22

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

It was later on in the night and the girls were waiting for Hopper to come home so they could have dinner. Ivy had just put their food in the oven and it takes 45 minutes to cook so he better hurry.

While the dinner was cooking El went back into her room. Ivy knew that this was the sort of time that Mike would talk to her through his walkie and she knew that El didn't like to be disturbed during this time.

There was a knock on the door, but it wasn't Hopper's secret knock so Ivy got a little worried.

"Whose there?" She whispered, talking to the plants outside.

"Billy." They told her.

She smiles when she thought about him. He came all the way out here just to see her.

Ivy walked to the door and opened it, stepping outside as she didn't want to disturb El.

"Hi, Billy." She says.

"Hi, Ivy." He says.

"What's wrong?" She asks, taking a seat on the steps and he copied her, sitting by her side.

"Just wanted to talk." He says, shrugging his shoulders. "I shouldn't have come, I'm sorry." He says, getting up to leave.

"No, it's okay. My little sister is just talking to her friends on the phone and I didn't want to disturb her."

"You have a little sister?" Billy asks, taking his seat back beside Ivy.

"Yeah, she's 13." Ivy says.

"So, is mine. Well, she isn't really my sister. She's my step sister." Billy corrects himself.

"El isn't technically my sister but she is still my family. Some of the only family I have." Ivy tells Billy. She wants him to know that blood isn't the only thing that makes up a family as he is adamant that his step sister is not his sister.

"I guess." Billy says, not wanting to talk entirely about his reasoning. "How old are you?" He asks.

"17, why?"

"Shouldn't you be in school?" He asks her, curious as to why he didn't see her there today and he was keeping an eye out.

"Not allowed. Bad men are after me." She tells him. She doesn't know why she tells him this but something about him makes her feel like she can talk to him about it all and he won't tell anyone.

"Oh, then how do you learn?" He asks her. She is thankful that he didn't pity her and instead is just curious and asking questions.

"Hopper teaches me and my sister. We watch movies for speech and vocabulary and throughout the day Hop will set us activity's to do. He got me some books to read about Maths, Science and English but my sister doesn't have any yet." She tells him.