Chapter 71

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

He followed her into the ladies toilets in the chapel that was at the cemetery. He knew that she hadn't been okay the last few days but he could see it in her face when they sat down that she wasn't ready for this. It was so much all at once, so much loss. He had no idea how she was even still standing.

He chased after her and found her curled up in the corner of a stall with sick on her chin. He walked in there and sat down beside her. He wrapped his arms around her and she leaned into him. He saw the sick in the toilet and knew that something must have happened but he couldn't ask her, not now, not like this.

They stayed like that for a little bit, not talking and her crying her heart out. Steve didn't care that he was in the ladies room or that it smelt like sick, all he cared about was Ivy.

After an hour, Ivy leaned back and she looked up at Steve.

"I don't know what to do anymore, Steve." She says.

"What do you mean?"

"I feel like I've lost everyone. I know I haven't but it feels like I have. Everywhere I look I see them. I saw Billy out there, he had a hole in his chest, Steve. He looked so broken. I just wanted to hug him but I knew I couldn't and I never will be able to again." She says.

He pulls her into him as his own eyes water and she starts to cry again.

"It's going to be okay, not now but it will be eventually. They wouldn't want you to put your life on hold. You just have to push through and it will take a while but I will be here with you every step of the way, okay?" He tells her.

"Promise? Promise you'll never leave?" She asks, her voice muffled in his chest.

"I promise." He tells her, kissing her on the forehead as he didn't want to kiss her on the lips while she still has a bit of sick there.

"Can we go home? I don't think I can stay for the wake." She says.

"Okay, how about we have our own wake at home?" Steve says, knowing how much she wants to be there.

"Yeah, I'd like that." Ivy says.

She loved Billy and she wants to celebrate his life but it felt wrong celebrating his life with people that didn't really know him and that didn't know the real reason he died.

------

The two of them headed back to Steve's place and Ivy headed straight up to shower. They usually made her feel better and she had thrown up and needed to clean herself up.

When she came down her eyes watered at the sight.

Steve had put together a spread of food, put on Billy's favourite movie and made the couch into a snuggly heaven. She couldn't ask for a better boyfriend.

When he came back into the room from the kitchen with drinks in his hands she waited until he put them down before running over to him. She jumped into his arms and he spun her around.