Chapter 86

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

After everything that happened at the cemetery they went back to the Wheeler's basement to spend the night. 

When they got back Robin and Nancy explained what they learned about Vecna at Pennhurst and how the music helped Max. They all understood it and were happy that the girls were able to find that out just in time to save Max. They all wanted to keep an eye on Max after what happened so they all took turns watching over her to make sure that Vecna didn't strike again. The last person on watch was Dustin as they all switched to be able to get some sleep.

Ivy woke up to the sound of Eddie's voice coming through Dustin's walkie, she was about to get up and grab it but Nancy beat her to it. Ivy stayed awake wanting to talk to Eddie herself so she decided to pretend to still be asleep and wait until Nancy was done talking to him.

"Earth to Dustin." Eddie's voice drifts through the walkie.

"Hey, it's Nancy." She says, picking up the walkie.

"Wheeler! Hey. Um, I'm gonna need a food delivery, like, really soon, unless you want me going out into the world." He says.

"No. No, no, no. Don't do that. Just stay where you are, and we'll be there as soon as we can." She tells him.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Listen, um...can you pick me up a six-pack? I know it's stupid as shit, drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves." He tells her. As he is talking Nancy looks around the room and she notices that where Max was sleeping was empty and she starts to panic.

"Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back." She tells him.

"No, don't you da---Wheeler? Wheeler?" Eddie says down the walkie but Nancy had turned it off.

"Dustin." She says, shaking his shoulders.

"Mm." He hums sleepily.

"Wake up." She tells him.

"What?" 

"Aren't you supposed to be on Max watch?" She asks him.

"Yep. Yep, yep, yep. Sorry." He say, sitting up.

"Okay, then where is she?" Nancy asks him.

"She's right there. A second ago." He says, noticing she is missing. "I swear, I just dozed off for...an hour." He says, looking at his watch in shock not realising how much time had passed.

They both panic and rush up the stairs to look for her. When they left Ivy got up off the floor where she was asleep with Steve and shuffled over to where Nancy left the walkie.

"Eddie? You there?" She asks, turning the walkie back on.

"Ivy! Thank god, I have missed the sound of your voice." He says.

"I've missed you, too." She says. "How are you doing?" 

"Well, besides the obvious. Pretty good. Although I could do with a six-pack. Do you think you can bring me one soon?" He asks her.