Chapter 5

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

When Hopper's truck reached their location in the middle of the road Joyce and Jonathan broke away from their hug and she walked over to him. when he saw the tear stains on her cheeks and how distraught she was, he knew something had happened in the time since he dropped her off.

"What happened?" He asked, Jonathan standing beside her and listening to what his mum was going saying. He too wanted to know why his mum was running down the road terrified.

"It was there, Hop. What Ivy and Will mentioned. The monster. It...It came in the house, I don't know how but it climbed through the wall. Will he...he told me to run." She tells him.

Jonathan just thinks that she is going a bit crazy because Will is missing and that is why she is saying all this stuff but he has never heard her mention someone called Ivy before. In fact he has never heard of anyone in the small town called Ivy and has no idea who his mother is talking about.

"Okay, okay. Calm down, take a deep breathe and relax. The monster isn't the only thing Ivy was right about, what she said before we left. They did it, that's why I'm here." He says, not wanting to say in front of Jonathan that his brother's body is a fake because Hopper knows that it is unbelievable and Jonathon won't believe him, not without proof.

It take Joyce a second but she then understands what he means and starts to prepare herself for what is to come and all the sympathetic looks she is going to get when she knows in her heart her son is still out there. And she will find him, no matter how hard it'll be.

"Let's go see if it's still there." Hopper says, directing Joyce to his truck and letting her get in. Jonathan followed behind him, wanting to talk to Hopper before they made it back to the house. 

"You don't believe her do you. You know these are all illusions, things she makes up in her head because she hasn't been sleeping since Will went missing." He says. 

Hopper turns to Jonathan, a little disappointed in the young man in front of him for how he is talking about his mother.

"You should listen to your mother more. You made find out, she isn't as crazy as everyone is making her out to be. And I am sure you saying things like that about her and to her isn't helping." Hopper gruffly said before getting into the drivers side of his truck and driving Joyce back to her house so they could have a proper chat on the small drive.

---------

In the car Hopper and Joyce sit in silence for a moment but it is quickly broken by Joyce. 

"When you say 'Ivy was right' you mean about them faking Will's death don't you?" 

"Yeah. That was what the call was about. His 'body' was found by a state officer in Sattler's Quarry." Hopper says.

"But it's not him, Hop. I just spoke to him." 

"I know that and you know that but no one else will believe us. Joyce, I saw that body up close. If I hadn't spoken to him and Ivy hadn't said what she said then I would believe that it was Will as well."