Chapter 30

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Ivy takes a deep breathe before she answered Dustin. She had never really spoken about it but she knew that Dustin was just curious. She needed to talk about it anyway, the guilt of leaving Henry there was killing her.

"I woke up in a bed in a house. Someone I know very well is stuck in the Upside Down. He was my friend in the lab and he would help us kids, the scientist found out and they locked him in the Upside Down." I half tell the truth. I can't tell them the whole truth or they would judge him and Henry never meant harm, he just wanted us to have a normal life. "He had taken me from the school and brought me to the house he was staying in. He wanted me to be safe from the monsters. I was there for a while and he would bring me meals because going out there to get them was dangerous but he knew his way around better than anyone. He had been there for so long. One day a portal opened up in the room I was in and I went to get him but he wouldn't come with me, he said he couldn't but he told me to go. I didn't want to leave him but he kept telling me to go so I did. I hate that I left him there so I hope that one day I can find a way to get him out of there." She tells them, being more truthful about the experience there.

"He has been there for years?" Dustin repeats in disbelief. He had seen how Will looked after a week there and Steve had seen Ivy after she had been there for a few months. Both of them were pale and deathly looking, they were like walking zombies. How would someone that had been there for years look?

"Yeah, the lab sent him in there in '79." She tells them. "That was the same year I escaped."

"How did you know him?" Steve asked.

"He was like my older brother. He took care of me there since I got there as a baby. All of my memories are with him, until they separated us after an incident when I was four." I tell them.

They all sat in silence for a minute, the boys digesting what they had heard and deciding not to push her on the 'incident'.

"Did he work there?" Dustin asks.

"Yeah, but it is more complex than that." She tells them.

"Why?" Steve asks.

"He was also the first experiment. He is One and I am Zero. He was the first one but when I came along they saw me as more powerful so they said I was experiment Zero. Over the years he refused to listen to them and he became harder for them to control as he just wanted to protect me so they put a chip in his neck to stop his powers and turned him into a guard there. He was bothered about the chip but didn't want to push it too far, afraid they would separate us but they did that anyway. I didn't seem him for six years and was kept in solitary that whole time." She tells them.

They were a little shocked by how much she was opening up and so was she but it was like word vomit. She couldn't stop it from coming out.

"What about what you said? Why am I getting the same feeling I got last year?" Ivy asks Dustin, wanting to take the attention off herself.