Chapter 3

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

"How?" Joyce asks.

"My powers. I c...can see Will." Ivy says.

"Will's here. He's alive?" Hopper asks. He had been doubting it because of how long the boy had been gone and where Ivy said he was, it doesn't seem like somewhere Will would survive. Where anyone would survive.

"He's here." Ivy answers, walking out of the decrepit version of her house and into the woods.

Hopper and Joyce quickly follow after her, not wanting to be getting lost in the new world they had entered. Ivy seems to know her way around it well enough to find Will and talk to him.

"Can we bring him home like this?" Joyce asks, just wanting to bring her baby home.

"No, we are l...like ghosts. No touching, o...only speaking." Ivy explains. However it isn't entirely true. If she wanted to she could push her powers further to allow touch.

"So you have been speaking to Will like this at night."

"Yes. Keeps him safe. Gives h...him com...company." Ivy says, struggling with the long word at the end.

"Why didn't you come to the police about this." Hopper asks. It is pretty well known that they have been looking for the boy.

"Bad." Ivy simply says as she hops over a vine and the other two copy her.

"The police aren't bad."

"Yes. Bad." Ivy strongly says, stopping and turning to Hopper to get her point across.

"Is it because of the bad man? What happened that day? Why was he bad?"

"I esc...escaped bad place, went for help. One man n...nice, the other bad. He works for bad man." Ivy says.

"You escaped? Where did you escape from? And none of my officers are secretly working for anyone else." Hopper asks and he tries to say the last sentence with certainty but even he believes that someone in the station could be working for someone else. Someone bad. A few unexplainable things happen at the station and certain cases get altered for no reason. He has never said anything because then he would be giving away that he knew what they were doing but he has secretly been looking into it and has an inkling about who it is, maybe Ivy can confirm it.

"I escape bad place. They...they did bad things, they hurt me. I came to police f...for help, they are m...meant to help. The blonde was kind. The b...brown hair was mean, says h...he will t...take me back."

"The night officers." Hopper mutters in realisation on who she was talking about. "Officer Wood was nice to you but Officer Kincaid was threatening to take you back to the bad place?"  Hopper says, receiving a nod from Ivy.

Hopper was happy he got some answers about the bad officer. Hopefully he can use this to his advantage.

They keep walking to where Will, Ivy avoiding the vines as she walks and the other two copying her but not knowing why she is doing it.