Chapter 89

3rd POV:

The next morning they all naturally woke up early, struggling to sleep after the events of the last few days. They got up and had showers and got changed, happy to be washed and in fresh new clothes after spending three days in the other clothes, they started to smell.

They all got in the car, not getting their breakfast from Mrs. Wheeler as she was still asleep, and headed to 'Bradley's Big Buy' to get some things for Eddie.

Ivy let the kids go ham this time, knowing Eddie will need more comfort food then anything but she did make sure to give him some easy but filling meals to have. She headed down the spirits aisle and picked up a case of beer, the same one Billy used to buy when he went to go hang out with Eddie, so she knows he likes it.

Once they all had what they wanted Nancy paid and they all got back in the car.

Ivy was in the boot with Steve and Dustin and the two of them were stuffing their faces with the snacks. Ivy had told them off but they didn't listen, they were too hungry. The two of them were like an endless abyss that could eat food forever.

As they were driving towards Reefer Rick's place Robin started to complain about what they have to tell Eddie.

"Not to be a wimp, but can I maybe sit in the car for this visit? 'Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck." She says.

"It'll be fine." Nancy tries to reassure her.

"I just can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really can't." Robin says.

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better." Steve says, holding up the pack of beer.

"That's what my mum does." Max says.

"That's what he and Billy used to do." Ivy says with a smile on her face, catching the attention of everyone in the car.

"Hold on a minute. Eddie 'The Freak' Munson was friends with Billy Hargrove?" Nancy asks, not believing it. Billy was very popular and he seemed to care a lot about what others thought about him.

"Yeah, they would hang out all the time. Sometimes with me and sometimes without." She says.

"He was really friends with him?" Max asks, finding it odd.

"Yeah, Billy didn't care about popularity that much. He thought they were all fake assholes, that's what he told me." Ivy says, not saying the full reason he hung out with the cool crowd. Max was too young to remember him being bullied and Ivy doesn't think he would be happy with her if she spilled his secret.

"Seems he was a bigger mystery than we thought." Robin says, talking about Billy.

Ivy leans over the seats and whispers into Max's ear. "Can I talk to you when we have a free moment. There is something I need to tell you about Billy that I think you may want to hear." She says and Max turns around to face Ivy and notices the serious look on her face so she nods her head.