Chapter 23

Ivy's POV:

Ivy's POV:

Hopper and I were in the kitchen waiting for El to come out of her room for breakfast. It was Halloween today and I know that El has been missing the boys and I have a feeling she is going to ask Hopper something he isn't going to like and she is going to get and answer she isn't going to like. That is an annoying thing about living with the two of them. They tend to get into a lot of arguments because of Hopper's rules, which is why I tend to bend them for El. The only reason he lets me see Steve is because Steve is the one that found me and brought me to him, Hopper can't exactly hide that I am alive to him. Other than that Hopper doesn't know that I sneak out or that El and I go for walks in the woods. If he did he would loose his shit.

I was sat at the table as Hopper was in the kitchen frying some French toast. I tried it for the first time in the summer and I love it so much so when Hopper has the time he makes it for breakfast for us.

I watched El come out of her room with a white sheet thrown over her head and I knew this wasn't going to end well.

She walked up behind Hopper and stood there, waiting for him to turn around.

"Oh, Jesus!" I heard Hopper exclaim and I knew he had seen El.

"Ghost." She says.

"Yeah, I see that." Hopper says, picking the frying pan up and dishing up the breakfast.

"Halloween."

"Sure is. But right now, it's breakfast, okay? Come on, let's eat." He tells her.

I get up and take the plates, putting them on the table as Hopper places the frying pan in the sink.

Hop picks up his coffee and walks past El to take his seat at the table next to me.

"They wouldn't see me." El says.

"Who wouldn't see you?" Hop asks.

"The bad men."

"What are you talking about?" He asks her, still not catching on.

"Trick or treat." She says, standing beside me and in front of him.

"You want to go trick-or-treating?" Hop asks and El nods her head.

In the amount of time I have been here I have learnt to let them sort it out by themselves. The only time I get involved is when it gets too out of hand and that has only happened once.

"You know the rules." He tells her, getting up.

"Yes but-"

"Yeah, so you know the answer." He tells her, moving her towards her seat to sit down.

"No, but I-- they wouldn't see me." She says, trying to convince him even though it is useless.

"No. Hey. I don't care."