Chapter 6

Ivy's POV:

Ivy's POV:

"Hello? Mum?" Will keeps saying, scared.

"Baby." Joyce says as she pulls away the wallpaper and we can see her through the fleshy pink see through wall.

"Mum?"

"Oh, god. Will!" Joyce says the second she sees him.

"Mum." Will keeps saying, not able to hear her that well over the sounds of the Upside Down.

"Oh, thank god. Baby...Will..." She says and I can hear the sadness in her voice.

"Will, y...you h...have to go." I tell him, hearing the monster growling nearby.

"Mum, it's coming." Will tells her.

"We're coming, I promise! We have just hit some bumps in the road but we are almost there. You are coming home." She says, partially lying while trying to reassure her son.

"Mum, I don't like it here. It's like home but it's so dark...it's so dark and empty. And it's cold! Mum? Mum!?" Will shouts, getting more agitated as he speaks. The worry about not being able to talk to his mum is there but the monster is also nearby and is coming. He doesn't want to leave, he wants the comfort of his mother but he has to go.

"Listen to me! I swear I'm gonna to get to you, okay? But right now, I need you to listen to Ivy. I need you to run and I need you to hide." Joyce says.

"Mum, please." Will shouts as he sees the wall sealing over with cement.

"No, no, listen! Listen, I...I will find you, but you have to run now! Run! Run!" She says, hearing the monsters growling get closer.

Will runs and I follow behind him, directing him where to go so he avoids the monster that is now on our tail.

I take Will to the Middle School and have him hide there. He goes into one of the classrooms and hides under the teachers desk, that way he a way out by the door and the window. While he calms himself down from everything that just happened, I go to grab a fire blanket hoping it will warm him up.

I go back and wrap him up in it and it does work a little bit to stifle his shivering. I start to flicker in and out of sight and Will knows this means that I can't hold it much longer. He looks to the blood streaming down my nose and he can tell that I have overdone it.

"You should have left." He says and I can see the guilty look on his face.

"No. Not s...safe for you." I say.

"And dangerous for you. If you overdo it you could burn out and die."

"At least y...you'll be safe." I tell him.

This isn't the first time I have overdone it while protecting him but if he knew the amount of times I have overdone it he would feel guilty and he shouldn't.