Chapter 17

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Ivy awoke in the same room that she always had while being stuck in the Upside Down. She awoke from another dream about her time back in the lab and her time with Henry. It made her miss him more and just wish he would come and talk to her.

She knew he was here, in this house. He would leave her food by the door in the morning to make sure she ate. Food would always randomly appear near her at certain times in the day, it made her angry because she always felt like she just missed seeing him.

Her first night there, when she woke up there were bandages around her back. Henry had cleaned up and bandaged her gashes, just like he used to in the lab. Every night for the next few weeks Henry would come in and clean them while she was asleep, replacing the bandages until the gashes were just scars.

The breakfast was by the door, as it always was. She got up and picked it up, eating the small packaged food. She wasn't used to the packaged food, having always had to make her own food while being in the woods but there was no electricity or anything here to heat the food up so you had to make do.

"Thank you, Henry." She says out loud, her stutter completely gone because she was talking to Henry.

She sat back on the bed and dug in. It was only something simple, it was round and beige shaped with little indents. Ivy never saw the box so she didn't know what they were called but she really liked them and it made her wonder what they would taste like if they were warm and had something on them, like the fruits she used to grow or the maple syrup she would get from the trees.

After breakfast the door would unlock and she could roam the house. The first few days she was here the door was always closed but slowly over time Henry has allowed her more access to the house he grew up in.

Ivy loves exploring the huge house but is never allowed in the attic. She doesn't know why but she always heard that the attic is the best place to explore, that's what Henry said, so she was upset it was locked.

Today she decided to explore the dining room. She would spend the whole day looking through draws and cupboards, digging around in anything she could find. While doing all of that she would talk to Henry. She knew he was there but he didn't want to show himself and that's okay, she can still talk to him and tell him all about what has been happening with her even if he doesn't answer back.

------------

Henry had his reasons for keeping Ivy in the house and that was because he didn't want her to get hurt.

Yes, the Upside Down is his domain and he moulded it to what he wanted it to be but a lot of the creatures were already here. The monsters are slightly under his control but they are animals after all and so they have minds of their own. Things he creates however, like the shadow monster he befriended when he first arrived and moulded into a spider, is fully under his control.