Chapter 53

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Robin closes the window and tells Dustin what they had just learnt about Ivy. Ivy and Steve turn back to the two girls behind them and hand them their ice creams.

"Okay, here you go, you got a strawberry..."

"And then an vanilla with sprinkles, extra whipped cream."

"Thanks." They both say, each taking their ice creams.

"Wait a second. Are you even allowed to be here?" Steve asks a little worried about how Hopper may react.

"No?" El says.

"Don't worry. We won't tell." Ivy says and she gets a thankful look from the girls before they run out of the shop giggling.

"You know I made a promise to Hopper that I'd make sure the two of you are safe. This goes against that." Steve says, worried about what'll happen if Hopper finds out.

"It's fine. Look at her, she is having fun and her and Max are getting along." Ivy says, pointing the two girls out to Steve and he sees them running around giggling and having fun and he sighs in defeat.

"Fine but if Hopper finds out about this..."

"You had no idea about it."

"Okay." He says.

A couple came up to the counter and the two of them served them. Once they were gone Dustin and Robin peeked their heads through the window.

"We're gonna have to stay late." Robin says.

"Why?" Steve asks, in a whiny voice.

"Ivy needs to translate the rest of the Russian, we've tried but we can't get it to match perfectly." Dustin says, talking about the spelling.

"Okay." Ivy says.

They only have to serve a few more customers and then she is on her break. When she goes on her break she listens to the tape, she knows most of it but there are little bits that crackle out of connection so she has to figure those out.

She writes it all out on the board in Russian and English for them. Dustin stayed out the front with the other two, hoping that if Ivy is alone she would be able to figure it out quicker.

Just as she was writing the last sentence out on the board, the three of them came in.

"We are officially closed." Steve says, dumping his hat on the table. He hates wearing it he says it ruins his best feature.

"Okay, well I am...done." She says, just finishing off the last word.

The three of them come over to where they are and they look at the board, reading it out in unison.

"'The week is long, The silver cat feeds, When blue meets yellow in the west, A trip to China sounds nice, If you tread lightly.'" They all read out the complete message.