Chapter 12

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Ivy looked over to the other two and saw them sitting very close together and she knew whoever was banging on the door just broke up their moment.

"Jonathan?" Someone shouts through the door. "Are you there, man? It's...it's Steve." Steve continues to shout through the door.

"Listen, I just want to talk!" He says.

Ivy walks out of the kitchen and goes to answer the door but is stopped by Nancy.

"It's okay. I got it." She says, walking up to the door and opening it.

"Steve, listen to me." Nancy starts to say.

"Hey. Nancy, what--" Steve starts to say but is interrupted by Nancy.

"You have to leave." Nancy tells him.

"No, no. I'm not trying to start anything, okay?"

"I don't care about that. You need to leave." She repeats.

"No, no, no. Listen, I...I...I messed up, okay? I messed...I messed up. Okay? Really. Please. I just want to make things right. Okay? Please. Please..." He begs her.

Ivy and Jonathan were listening to the two of them at the door and at that moment Ivy couldn't help but feel bad for the boy at the door. He was just trying to make things right. There was a moment of silence at the door that was broken by Steve's stammering.

"Wha...Hey, what happened to your hand?" He asks her sounding really worried about her. It made Ivy's heart melt a little at the concern in his voice, you could tell he really cared about Nancy.

"Is that blood?" Steve asks, taking her hand off the door to get a closer look.

"Nothing. Nothing. It was an accident." She tells him, pulling her hand away from his grasp.

"Yeah, what's going on?" He asks her.

"Nothing." She lies to him.

"Wait a sec. Did he do this to you?" Steve asks, trying to push his way through the door.

"No." Nancy denies.

"Nancy, let me in." He says, continuing to push on the door and finally getting through it.

"No. No! No, Steve!" Nancy shouts, not wanting him to come in. The last thing they needed was more people involved in this.

As Steve steps in the house his eyes dart around the room. He first notices the Christmas lights, Jonathan and Ivy, the bats in Ivy's hands and overall how messy the house is.

"What is...What the...Who are..." He says as he looks around the room, never finishing a full sentence.

"H...hi, I'm Ivy." Ivy says. Her stutter has been getting better because she has been having to talk to more people over the last week and it has really helped her improve.