Chapter 109

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Both Ivy and El were sat on the floor beside each other picking up the things around them and throwing them in the bin bag as they spoke.

"How have you been?" Ivy asks, breaking the silence between the two of them.

"Good." El says, looking away from her sister.

"Really?" Ivy says, not believing her. There was no way that she had to spend time with their father and she came out of it fine. "You know you can talk to me, we're sisters."

"I...I'm sorry." El says, looking over at Ivy with tears in her eyes.

"What? Why?" Ivy says, pulling El into her arms.

"I ignored you. I stopped answering your calls and letters and I'm sorry." El says, wrapping her arms around Ivy.

"Yeah, that hurt but El, all I care about is now and that you are okay. I don't want you to linger on the past." Ivy says.

"I only did it because it hurt not seeing you and being away from you all. I had to hear that you got a house over the phone and I couldn't even come to see it. That was when I realised that I didn't want to talk over the phone anymore, I wanted to see you." El says.

"Why didn't you say? I could have booked you a ticket." Ivy says.

"Joyce asked Owens and he said it was too risky. I just wanted to come home." El cries into her sisters shoulder.

Ivy wraps her arms around El and holds her tightly to her knowing that right now they both just need the comfort of a good hug.

As they were hugging they heard the door open. Neither of them looked up but when they did they were shocked at who they saw standing there.

 Neither of them looked up but when they did they were shocked at who they saw standing there

"Hey, kids." He says and both of them rush up of the floor and pull him into a hug. He laughs as they both bash into him and he wraps them up in his arms.

He feels their tears on his shirt as they hug each other and he holds them tighter, happy to be home.

"I kept it open." El says. "I kept the door open three inches."