Chapter 81

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

They make it to the trailer park before Nancy and they all sit around a picnic table while they wait for her.

"Are we gonna tell her about Eddie?" Max asks.

"If she's involved then maybe she could help us. She clearly knows something if the police were interviewing her about one of Vecna's victims." Dustin says.

"So, that's a yes?" Ivy says.

"Yes, we should tell her about Eddie." Dustin says.

Just as they finish their conversation Nancy's car pulls up and she comes over to them. She takes a seat beside Robin and Max while Dustin, Steve and Ivy sat on the other side. They started talking and telling her what they found out about Vecna and that he is from the Upside Down.

"So, you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside Down?" Nancy says.

"If the shoe fits." Steve says.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse. Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know." Dustin says.

"All we know is that this is something different. Something new." Max says.

"It doesn't make sense." Nancy says.

"It's only a theory." Dustin defends.

"No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?" Nancy says.

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place." Dustin says. "They were both at the game."

"And near the trailer park." Max says.

"We're at the trailer park." Steve says, tightening his grip on Ivy's hand. "Uh, should we maybe not be here?" He says, looking around at the desolate place.

"There is something about this place." Nancy says. "Fred started acting weird the second we got here."

"Acting weird as in...?" Ivy asks.

"Scared, on edge, upset." Nancy lists.

"Max said Chrissy was upset too." Dustin says.

"Yeah, but not here." Max says. "She was crying in the bathroom at school."

"Serial killers stalk their prey before they strike, right? So, maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman--" Robin says but is cut off by Dustin.

"Vecna." Dustin corrects.

"I dunno about you guys, but if I saw some freaky wizard monster, I would mention it to someone." Steve says.

"Maybe they did." Max says. "I saw Chrissy leaving Ms. Kelley's office. If you saw a monster, you...you wouldn't go to the police. They'd never believe you. But you might go to your---" Max says but is cut off by Robin.