Chapter 56

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Steve and Ivy got up the next morning and headed downstairs. They had gotten up a little later than they wanted because they all agreed to meet at the mall before opening to come up with a plan. They had gotten up half an hour later than they wanted and they needed to be there in 45 minutes.

Ivy ran downstairs and started on the breakfast while Steve grabbed their uniforms out of the dryer. As he went past the kitchen he passed Ivy hers and went to get changed. Ivy was making eggs on toast and she was almost done when Steve came back in, dressed and ready to go. She just had to dish up the eggs so she left Steve to do that and went to get herself ready.

When she came back down five minutes later, the food was laid out on the table with a glass of orange juice each. They both enjoyed their mornings, moving around each other in a perfectly practised rhythm, they didn't really talk to each other in the mornings, both of them were too tired.

When they finished their breakfast they put their dishes in the sink with a bit of water to soak, grabbed their things and ran out of the door. They were already five minutes late and they both knew how Robin and Dustin are with punctuality.

------

"You're late." Dustin says as he sees the couple heading his way. 

"We know." Steve says as they walk in to the shop hand in hand.

"Doing something we don't want to hear about?" Robin asks.

"What? No! We got up late." Ivy says, hating when people talk about sex. It makes her a little uncomfortable to talk about with her friends.

"Okay." Robin says, a big smile on her face as she put her hands up.

"What's the plan?" Steve asks Dustin and Ivy appreciated him taking the attention off her.

"Well, you were late so while you open the shop I am going to go up to the roof that looks over the loading bay and check out what is going on there. I can scope the place out, try to see if there is a way in." He says.

"Okay. Be careful." Steve says.

"Always."

"He means it. If there is one scratch on you I will come after who ever did it, fire and all." Ivy says, getting a little protective.

"Thanks." Dustin says, giving her a hug. "Bye." He says, running out of the ice cream shop and going to the rooftop.

"Ready to unpack a delivery?" Robin asks, opening the break room door and finding a load of boxes.

"Yay!" Steve and Ivy sarcastically say in unison.

They all get to work on unpacking the food and putting the ice cream in the freezer. It was a long morning before they could open up.

------

It was a few hours after they had opened up when Dustin came back in.

"Are you okay? You spent a long time up there." Ivy says, checking Dustin over as he walks to them.