Chapter 25

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Everyone was asleep in the Hopper household when Ivy heard a banging on her window. She got up to see who was there and saw a familiar head of floppy brown hair.

She opened her window and asked him.

"What are you doing here, Steve?"

"Look, I'm sorry about giving you the cold shoulder earlier. Could you let me in?" He asks.

Ivy opens the window wider and moved out the way to let him in. He climbed in the window, stumbling all over the place but as soon as he got his footing he turned to her and gave her a thumbs up. She smiled, thinking it was funny and he smiled knowing she wasn't mad at him anymore.

"Were you angry because of the fight you had with Nancy?" Ivy asked him, sitting on her bed. He took a seat beside her before answering.

"Word gets around fast, huh? Yeah...yeah. She said some things and they hurt." He told her.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault." He says, not mentioning the fact that Nancy did mention her. Saying how he thinks about Ivy even though he only met her once. Little did she know...

They sit in silence for a moment, neither of them knowing what to say. However, Steve's curiosity gets the better of him.

"How do you know Billy?"

"I met him in the woods a few days ago, before you went back to school. He was upset so I wanted to see if he was okay."

"You know it was him I was talking about the other day. He was the new kid." Steve clarifies.

"But Billy is none of those things. He is nice and he talks to me about lots of things. I like him." She says.

"Wait like, like him, like him?" He asks.

"What do you mean?" Ivy asked, tilting her head like a puppy, which Steve found adorable.

"Do you find him attractive?"

"No! I don't think about that stuff. There is too much going on in my life for that kind of relationship. Besides, what am I supposed to tell him about everything. I can't exactly say that the reason I am being hunted down by evil scientists is because I have powers." Ivy says.

"No, I guess not...But what if it was someone that already knew." He asks her.

"I don't know. It depends on who it is and what they are like. I don't want to set myself up for heartbreak." She tells him, leaning her head on his shoulder and pulling her knees up to her chest. It had been a long day and she was looking forward to her sleep but she is happy that Steve came to apologise.

Steve looks over at Ivy with a particular look in his eye. One that could only be described as adoration/longing. He doesn't know why but something about Ivy draws him in.