Chapter 41

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Ivy looks to Steve seeing his hardened features as he looks out the window.

"Are you okay?" She asks. She knows Billy can be a handful but she knows that he does actually care and she trusts he won't do anything stupid.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He says.

"Are you okay if I go out to the shed? I wanted to clear up a little in there for Joyce." She tells Steve.

"Yeah, he won't come in. I'll tell him that I'm babysitting the boys and I haven't seen Max." Steve says.

"Okay." Ivy says, giving Steve a kiss on the cheek before she goes out to the shed.

She starts by taking off the lights and moving the chairs towards the door. Then she pulls down everything they put up on the walls, scrunching it up and putting it by the door. She got halfway done when she heard shouting coming from the inside.

She walked in and saw Max standing over Billy's unconscious body with a Steve's bat in her hand. It wasn't until she walked around the corner that she saw Steve. He was unconscious on the ground and his face was coated in blood. She looked over at Billy and didn't see much physical damage on him but she dreads to think what made him lash out at Steve like that.

She goes over to Steve, kneeling by his head and placing it on her lap. She brushes her hands through his hair and watches the kids.

She sees Max lean down and grab Billy's car keys out of his pocket, showing them to the others.

"Let's get out of here." She tells them.

They all go to follow her, they get as far as opening the front door but are stopped by Ivy slamming the door closed again with her powers.

"You are not going anywhere until you help me. Lucas, Dustin, you grab his legs. Max you open the car." She tells them.

"You're letting us go."

"No, I'm coming with you but I am not leaving Steve here like this." She says.

"What am I supposed to do?" Mike asks, as Dustin and Lucas walk over to her.

"I need you to find a gasoline tank, six pairs of gloves, six bandanas or some kind of face covering, six pairs of goggles and a first aid kit." She tells him. "The others will help when Steve is in the car." She says, seeing his look of disbelief at the amount of things he had to find.

They slowly lug Steve into the car, throwing him on the backseat. Ivy was gonna patch him up when she gets the first aid kit.

While the kids are finding everything they need for their trip down to the tunnels, Ivy pulls Billy up with her powers and sets him on the sofa. She didn't use her powers on Steve because it is a longer distance and people are really heavy.