Chapter 52

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Steve and Dustin went to sit down and talk for the rest of his break. Ivy joined them a little into their conversation as she was helping Robin serve some customers but wanted to talk with Dustin as well.

"No, no. No way. Hotter than Phoebe Cates? No." Steve says as Ivy walks over.

"Mm-hmm." Dustin hums as he eats his food.

"Who's Phoebe Cates?" Ivy asks, sliding into the seats beside Steve.

"She's an actress." Steve says.

Ivy isn't really bothered when Steve says things like that about girls he would never meet. Besides, if he thinks she is hot, Ivy probably will too. They always talk about things like that when they watch movies.

"Brilliant, too. And she doesn't even care that my real pearls are still coming in. She says kissing is better without teeth." Dustin says before digging back into his ice cream.

Steve and Ivy share a look of slight confusion but they go along with it to keep Dustin happy.

"Wow. Yeah, that's great. Proud of you, man. That's ro-- That's kinda romantic. That's like...Wow." Steve says, cutting himself off half way through a sentence.

"I'm happy that you're happy." Ivy says, smiling at Dustin. She was trying to save Steve from the trainwreck he just said even though Dustin doesn't seem to have noticed how much Steve stuttered and stumbled over his words.

"So do you really just get to eat as much of this as you want?" Dustin asks, gesturing to his ice cream.

"Yeah. I mean, sure. It's not really a good idea for me, though. You know, I gotta keep in shape for Ivy." Steve says.

"Yeah, and how's that working out for you?" Robin shouts, knowing about their argument yesterday and whenever Steve gets upset he eats ice cream.

"You know that I don't care right." Ivy says.

"What?"

"You don't have to try to be in shape for me. I would still love you either way." Ivy says, kissing Steve's cheek, making him blush a little.

"Aww." Dustin interrupts their cute moment.

"Ignore her." Steve says, talking about what Robin said.

"She seems cool." Dustin says.

"She's not." Steve says.

"She is." Ivy says as Robin is one of her new friends.

"So, where are the other knuckleheads?" Steve asks.

"They ditched me yesterday." Dustin says, still pissed with them.

"No." Steve and Ivy both say, going into protective parent mode.

"My first day back. Can you believe that shit?" Dustin says.

"Whoa. Seriously?" Steve asks, trying to make sure Dustin isn't throwing it out of proportion while Ivy is planning what she is going to say to the others.