Chapter 16

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

"Children, this is your sister, Zero. Say hello." He told the other children, tightening his grip on her hand when he notices her attention is elsewhere.

She looks down at her hand that is tightly gripped in Brenner's and then around the room as the other children greet her.

Not all seventeen children were there, but they would be soon. Brenner liked to keep the smaller ones upstairs until their powers grew strong enough then he brings them down with the others. So the numbers were a little messed up.

"Okay, today I am going to need two and five please. The rest of you may spend your time in here." Brenner tells the children. He finally lets go of Ivy's hand, taking the hands of two and five and left the room.

Ivy's eyes drifted over to Henry and then to the camera in the corner. She knew they were watching her so she couldn't go over there but she really wanted to, she missed him but for now she had to keep up the charade.

So, instead she walked over to the small tables and begun drawing. She liked drawing, it meant that she could remember people forever. When she was stuck in her room she drew pictures of Henry and her and what their life would be like if they weren't stuck here. She loved drawing a big blue Victorian style house. She didn't know why but it felt natural, like she knew that would be their house.

She sat on the table by herself and started to draw. She didn't know what she was drawing but she just wanted to kill time until it was lunch time.

An hour and a half spent on the picture later and she knew it was perfect. She was going to give it to Henry as a gift.

"Lunch time." A different guard called out and started to lead the children out of the room as they were excited to get some food.

Ivy was the last one out, wanting a chance to talk to Henry but she sees the red light on so she takes her picture with her and follows the other children out of the room, casting a sad glance back at Henry.

-------------

After lunch they were all sent back to their rooms, they would be allowed back in the Rainbow Room at 3pm.

Ivy sat on her bed staring at her wall with her picture for Henry in her hands. She was waiting for a chance to give it to him but they seemed to be watching her a lot closer when it comes to Henry and she knows that because they want her to have forgotten him. So she had to make them think she has.

Her wall was covered with the pictures she has drawn over the last six years, all with her and Henry in. There were the odd few that were different, things she had seen in her dreams but most of them were her and Henry or the house that she kept seeing them living in.

She was thinking about everything in the last six years and how much she missed Henry and now she wouldn't be able to talk to him when her door opened. She didn't turn around, expecting it to be a guard or Brenner here to moan again but she was shocked when she heard his voice.