Chapter 35

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

They decided to follow the baby monsters, wanting to know why they got called away and where they got called away to.

As they were walking along, Steve and Ivy were ahead of the others, swinging their hands around out of boredom. They were a little sick of listening to Dustin and Lucas arguing, it was a little annoying after they had been going back and forth like an old married couple for the last ten minutes. 

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asks in disbelief at the size of the creature. It was tiny a few days ago.

"Yes. He has the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin says. 

"He was tiny two days ago." 

"Well, he's molted three times already." 

"Malted?" Steve asks, only half listening to them bicker. He was a little hungry and it sounded like Dustin was talking about malted milkshakes to him. He really wanted a Malted Chocolate Milkshake right now.

"Molted. Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms." Dustin says, confusing Ivy with what a hornworm is but she decided not to question it as he seems pretty worked up at the moment. 

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max asks.

"It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends." Dustin says, making a guess because of how much he has already molted.

"And you do not want to see them when they are fully grown." Ivy says, thinking back to the Demogorgon of last year.

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve says, without realising he outed Dustin. Honestly, neither does Ivy. They both thought that the others already knew, these kids tell each other everything.

"Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?" Lucas asks, stepping in front of Dustin stopping him from moving. This caused everyone to stop walking.

"No, what? No." Dustin tries to deny.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve says while Ivy nods her head in agreement. 

Max was standing beside Ivy and Steve, watching the other two argue.

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asks Steve.

"It's Dustin's cat." 

"Steve!" Dustin yells, getting annoyed.

"I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas says, pushing Dustin's shoulder to get his attention.

"No! No. No, I...No, I..." Dustin tries to deny. Ivy and Steve both held the same look on their face both showing that they didn't believe him, as did the other two. "He missed me. He wanted to come home." Dustin broke, admitting the truth.

"Bullshit!" Lucas snaps.

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?" 

"Oh, so now you admit it?" Lucas says.