Chapter 21

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Billy walked back to his house with a small smile on his face when he thought about the ginger haired beauty he came across in the woods. Unlike with other girls he didn't want to fuck her and chuck her. He wanted to spend time with her and get to know her. She made him feel happy and safe, just like his mother used to.

He missed that feeling. Now he always feels like he has to have walls up and he can't be nice to anyone, not even his step-sister Maxine. She has never done anything to him but he can't show any weakness and showing a weakness would be being nice to Max. His father would exploit that weakness and tear him down for that.

But, Ivy...she reminded him a little of Max and that made him want to tell Max that he does care about her but he wants to protect her from his dickhead of a father. If his dad sees the two of them start to get close he might start to hurt her to hurt him and he can't have that happen.

Ivy will stay his secret, no one will find out about her and if these 'bad people' try to hurt her, they'll have to deal with William Hargrove.

-----------

It was the first day back to school for all the kids in Hawkins, except two. They stayed at home enjoying their sister time together watching movies to improve their speech and range of vocabulary.

While they were having fun, the others had to attend school. A legalised prison where you are sent to be tortured by your peers because they suck and are teenagers so they hate everyone.

Steve and Nancy had their first glimpse of the new boy, Billy Hargrove, the same boy that Ivy met the night before. However, their views on the boy are a little bit different to each others. The boys met Billy's younger sister, Max Mayfield. Two of the boys instantly gained a crush on her, thinking she was so cool because she managed to beat Dustin's high score on Dig Dug. They even went as far as spying on her during lunch.

At lunch time Hopper came back to the house to check in on the girls. Although he did have to work during the summer, he had allowed Steve to come around so both the girls built a bit of a friendship with the boy and he was there almost every day so it might be a bit weird that he isn't there. Mainly, he wanted an excuse to check on them.

-----------

"Girls, where are you?" Hopper calls as he walks into the hut. He doesn't have long because he has to meet Joyce and Will at the lab soon but he wanted to check on the girls, his fatherly worry was coming out.

"We're here." Ivy called back to him, letting him know that they are in El's room.

They had been watching a decorating show on the TV and got inspired so they went hunting for paints and found some in a cupboard in the kitchen. Now, they were in El's room sprucing up the wooden colour.

"What are you doing?" Hopper asks them.

He walked into El's room and he saw everything covered up with the sheets that were there when he and El first came to the cabin and had to clean everything up. The girls were standing beside one another with paint brushes in their hands, looking like they were painting the walls but in reality the only thing that wasn't covered in paint was the walls.