Chapter 36

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

They arrived at the Byers' and they were all doing their own thing.

Joyce headed straight off to her room, mourning the death of her boyfriend that she just witnessed being killed.

Hopper was calling the military, CIA, FBI - basically anyone that could help.

Jonathan was talking to Will, who was unconscious on the sofa, feeling bad for not being around. Nancy had joined Jonathan beside Will, wanting to comfort him.

The kids were in the kitchen talking about what had happened with each group and catching up.

Steve and Ivy were stood off to the side of the kids. They were both a little tuned out from what was happening around them. Ivy was still reeling from being so close to the lab. Steve was a little upset because Nancy was proving all of the rumours right. She did like Jonathan and it made Steve wonder for how long. He may have realised that he likes Ivy but it still hurts to be used.

Ivy's attention was brought out of her head when she got a tap on the shoulder. She looked up to see Hopper looking at her.

"Come on." He says, gesturing for her to follow him.

She lets go of Steve's hand for the first time in a while and follows Hopper out of the house and into the garden.

"What were you doing there?" He says.

"Helping."

"Where's El?"

"I thought you would have come home that night, and so would she. She wasn't there when I left."

"Left?"

"I didn't think you wanted me there anymore. You always pay more attention to El and both of you have said some mean things to me but you never apologise."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you felt that way. I am sorry about what was said the other night and I am sure El is to. I know we're not a prefect family but you girls are my family." He tells her, pulling her into a hug. She sheds a few tears during the hug, as does he. They both have a lot more things to say but now isn't the time or the place.