Chapter 77

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Ivy tried calling Eddie and Max but she couldn't get through, Steve suggested that they blocked the call lines while the investigation is going on so that no reporters could hound the neighbours. Ivy said that was stupid but she knew it was true, she just wanted to talk to Max or Eddie.

Ivy was sat to the side and Steve had put her Walkman by her side and her headphones on. They both knew that she was on the verge of another panic attack and sometimes the music helped to calm her down and keep her distracted.

Steve and Robin continued to watch the news while Ivy was listening to the music. They wanted to know what was happening so they could calm Ivy down and they knew that letting her watch this wouldn't be helpful to her.

As they were watching the news Max and Dustin walked through the doors of the shop.

"Hey, Steve. Where's Ivy?" Dustin says as he walks in, noticing the other red head wasn't sat with her friends.

"Over there." Steve says, pointing to Ivy who has her heads down and is listening to music. "Have you seen this?" Steve asks, pointing to the screen, not yet seeing Max beside Dustin.

"How many phones do you have?" Dustin asks, completely ignoring Steve.

"Someone was murdered." Steve says.

"How many phones do you have?" Dustin repeats.

"Two. Why?" Steve says.

"Technically three, if you count Keith's in the back." Robin says.

"Yeah, three works." Max says.

"Wait, Max!" Steve says, letting out a sigh of relief when he realises she is there.

"Yeah?"

"Can you go over to Ivy for us, please?" Steve asks.

"Ok?" She says, hesitantly. Confused why they were asking her and why Steve reacted to her like that.

While she was doing that Dustin jumped over the counter, swinging his backpack over and hitting a bunch of VHS tapes as he went causing Robin and Steve to shout at him.

Max walked over to Ivy and crouched down in front of her fellow red head to get her attention. She tapped her on the shoulder and Ivy's head shot up. When she saw it was Max she took her headphones off and pulled the teen into a hug. Max reciprocated without question, really appreciating Ivy's hug, but not knowing why she was being hugged.

"Thank god you're okay." Ivy says.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Max asks as they pull back from the hug.

"When I saw that someone had been killed where you live I got worried and then I heard it was a Hawkins High student. I got worried it was either you or Eddie but seeing you here, I know it wasn't you." Ivy says, pulling Max back into a hug.