Chapter 8

Ivy' POV:

Ivy' POV:

Today was my day off from learning so River and Bell are talking to me while I tend to my garden.

I like days like this, when I don't have to think too much about what I am saying and if it makes sense. I can be a mess and that's fine.

I am going to visit Will later but I woke up not too long ago and need a little time to recharge.

I was tending to my garden until it was late at night and I heard the distant sound of people shouting so I asked River and Bell what was going on?

"One of the trees has been infected by the Upside Down and a young girl has gone through it." River tells me.

"T...through what?" I ask.

"Through a portal to the Upside Down." Bell clarifies.

"Is she g...going to be o...okay? S....should I h...help?" I ask them.

"The young man she is with is helping her. He just pulled her back out." Bell tells me.

I am thankful to have River and Bell. I think without them I would not know anything, especially how to speak and use my powers. They also keep me informed about what is happening in the woods when their are peculiar noises or weird creatures nearby. It keeps me safe from the monsters that come through the portals.

"They have left the woods but the young woman is covered in slime and seems to be shaken up." River tells me.

"I w...wish I could h...help more." I tell them. I know a lot about the Upside Down and how to navigate it to avoid the monster but I don't know how to help anyone. But what I do know is that I am going to keep Will alive and get him out of there. I'll do anything to make sure of it.

"You have helped, Ivy. You helped that Chief and mother when they came by wanting to know more about Will and where he is. Without you they would think he was dead."

"Why?"

"They found a body in the Quarry. It wasn't real, it was stuffed. The lab planted it there to make sure people stop looking otherwise they could be discovered. They remembered what you said and they looked deeper, discovering that it was a fake." Bell tells me.

"R...really?" I say, hoping I did help.

"Really. They are so close to finding him but they may still need your help. But only go if you are up for it." River tells me.

"I promise." I tell them.

I continue gardening, moving our conversation onto something a little more light-hearted.

---------------

3rd POV:

Hopper and Joyce spend the rest of their night, which wasn't long, driving to the general area that Terry lives before stopping at a payphone to find out the exact place.