Chapter 69

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

The government arrived late and Ivy was pissed. It was because of them that Billy was dead. If they had just listened to Hopper like they should have then they wouldn't be in this situation. Billy is dead because of them.

They we're all escorted out by soldiers and taken to ambulances to be checked for any injuries.

Once they we're all checked over they waited in the ambulances for Hopper, Joyce and Murray to be bought out of the underground base.

The whole Mall was on fire at this point so there were firefighters and news reporters close by reporting on the chaos but they had been told a fake story rather than the truth.

Joyce and Murray were escorted out of the underground base and Joyce started to look around for Will and Jonathan. She saw Will and he saw her. He ran out of the ambulance and straight into her arms, thankful that she was okay.

El and Ivy saw that they came out of the base and got up from the back of the ambulance to look for Hopper. Ivy pulled herself out of Steve's comforting embrace and went with El to look for Hopper. Steve noticed what they were doing and went with them, wanting to see Hopper himself. He started to look at Hopper like a father figure as his own father was an asshole but Hopper took the time to listen and they got a long really well.

They looked around but they couldn't see him. El looked at Joyce as she was hugging Will and they both saw Joyce shake her head gently with a sombre look on her face.

The waterworks started again

Ivy sank to the floor letting out a cry of pain. She had lost so many people in her life and the list never seemed to stop growing.

El sank down beside her and the two sisters hugged each other for comfort in the sad time. Steve sunk down too and he wrapped the two of them up in a hug.

The three of them shedding tears at the losses of that night.

If only the government would have listened to them.

------

Three Months Later:

It had been three months since the 'Battle at Starcourt' as the boys are calling it. It had been a long few months.