Chapter 39

3rd POV:

"Eleven?" Mike calls out, stepping ahead of the others.

"Mike." El says. Mike pulls her into a hug, having missed her all this time. They are both a little teary seeing each other again.

"Is that...?" Max starts to say but she trails off when the other two nod their heads.

Steve looks over at El and then Ivy and whispers to her. "Why is she dressed like she is in a punk band?"

"I don't know. She must have gone somewhere, saw someone from the lab, I guess." Ivy says, knowing only a few are still alive and the closest is in Chicago. It's 008 and she is not a good person to be around. She hopes El didn't go there but she has a feeling she did guessing by the way she is dressed. 

"I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Every night for--" Mike says.

"353 days." El finishes for him. "I heard." She tells him.

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" He asks her.

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper says, breaking up their moment. "The hell is this? Where have you been?" He asks her, walking over to her and Mike moved out of the way.

"Where have you been?" She throws back to him as he pulls her into a hug.

"You've been hiding her. You've been hiding both of them." Mike realises, figuring out that Ivy was there to because she said she was living with Hopper earlier. "You've been hiding her this whole time!" He shouts, trying to push Hopper.

"Hey! Hey, let's talk." Hopper says, pulling Mike into the other room.

When they leave the room El runs over to Ivy, wrapping her up in a hug.

"I'm sorry." She says, apologising for the fight and using her powers on her.

"It's alright, just don't do it again." Ivy says, messing up El's hair a little but it didn't move. "Jeez, what's in you hair? It'll take forever to get out later." She says, instantly going back into sister mode.

El laughs at her and the Ivy soon joins her. "I missed you." Ivy says pulling El back in for a hug.

"Missed you too." El says.

They stay like that for a minute and then Ivy places a kiss on her head and they break apart.

What El does next surprises everyone in the room. She hugs Steve and he hugs her back.

"Hey, kid. Had a good adventure?" He asks her.

"Would have been better with you two there." She tells them, making the both of them smile.

When they break apart she heads over to the other two boys and Max. While she reunites with them the others go into the kitchen.

"Why did El hug you? You didn't meet her last year?" Nancy asks.