Chapter 85

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

As they were going along both Ivy and Steve kept looking in the back mirror to keep an eye on Max. After what happened at the trailer park the two of them were worried. They knew something happened with Vecna, they just didn't know what and that scared them.

"Turn here." Max says.

"Here?" Dustin asks and she nods her head.

Ivy looks at the sign and she instantly knows why Max is here. She wants to talk to Billy.

They turn into 'Roane Hill Cemetery', it was the same place Ivy had her break down in the chapel at Billy's funeral. Since that day her and Steve come up here weekly to clean both Billy and Hopper's grave stones and leave them nice flowers.

Steve doesn't ask for anymore directions and drives the familiar route to Billy's grave. He didn't ask Max if that was where she wanted to go because he just knew that is why they were there.

Max gets out as soon as they stop but none of the others do, except Lucas. They all decide to give her space because this is going to be very emotional for her and it's something she has to do alone. Lucas only got out of the car to talk to Max about the thing that has been on his mind since she gave them the envelopes.

"Max?" He calls out to her as she starts to go up the hill.

"Lucas, please, just wait in the car." She pleads, continuing to walk up the steps.

"Max, just wait. Max, please." Lucas says, running after her.

"Lucas, just wait--" She says, just wanting to deliver the last letter.

"Just listen to me. Just, please." He pleads when he gets to her. She doesn't move and waits for him to start talking. "I know something happened back there with your mother. Was it Vecna?" He asks.

"I told you, I'm fine. Okay?" She says with a fake smile, not wanting to talk about what happened back at the trailer. "I mean, as fine as someone who's hurtling towards a gruesome death can be." She says, insinuating that she is not fine.

"Max...you know you can talk to me. Right?" Lucas tells her.

"Yeah, I know that." She says.

"Okay, then why do you keep pushing me away?" Lucas asks. He pulls out the envelope that she gave him before continuing to talk to her. "Okay, look, I don't need a letter. I don't want a letter. Just talk to me. To your friends. We're right here. I'm right here. Okay? I'm here." He says just wanting her to talk to him as he knows she is keeping everything inside.

"Just wait in the car. This won't be long." She says walking away, needing to talk to Billy. She knows she is running out of time and she doesn't have the time for emotional talks, she needs to say her goodbyes. 

Max walks up to the gravestones and sits down at Billy's. From below you could still see Max sat in front of the gravestone and all the others a little peace of mind because at least they can see her.