Chapter 92

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

"Watch your step, big guy." Eddie says, tapping Dustin on the chest.

"Oh, man." Steve says, seeing the lake ahead of them. "You gotta be shitting me."

"Shit." Ivy says at the same time as Steve.

"My sentiments exactly." Robin says.

They all look over at the lake and know that the gate will be in there. It's just their luck that nothing is ever easy.

"Yeah. I thought these woods were familiar." Eddie says.

"Lover's Lake." Robin says, looking out at the lake and recognising it in the darkness.

"This is confounding." Dustin says.

"What?" Ivy asks, confused as to what Dustin means.

"Confounding." He says again but receives a blank stare back. "It means that you are surprised or confused because something didn't meet your expectations." Dustin explains and Ivy nods her head in a little understanding.

"There's a gate in Lover's Lake?" Max asks, thinking it was an odd place for a gate. What could get out of that if it's in the water.

"Whenever the Demogorgon attacked, it always left an opening. Maybe Vecna's the same way." Nancy says.

"Yeah, only one way to find out." Steve says.

Eddie leads them to where he stashed the boat and they work together to get it back over to the shore. They all push it over there and Steve and Eddie then take over themselves, not bothered about getting wet.

"Easy. I...I said easy, man." Steve says to Eddie as they push the boat the last bit into the water. Because Eddie wasn't gentle with it they both got a little splashed.

"Sorry, dude." Eddie says.

"Here you go." Steve says, holding his hand out for Robin to take so she can get in the boat but she disregards it and instead uses their heads to balance herself.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna do that. Thank you." Robin says as she gets in.

"Yeah, that works too." Steve says.

She climbs into the boat and Ivy is next. Ivy takes the extended hands that both Steve and Eddie give to her. She smiles at them in thanks as she gently climbs in and takes a seat opposite Robin. Eddie gets in after her and he holds his hand out for Nancy. She takes his hand and takes a seat beside Robin.

"Wheeler." He says as she takes his hand.

"Thanks." She tells him.

Dustin tries to get in next but Eddie stops him.

"Hey, hey, hey, you trying to sink us? This thing holds four people tops, okay?" Eddie says.

"It's better this way, okay? You guys stay here with Max. Keep an eye out for trouble." Nancy tells them.