Chapter 87

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

They pulled up just outside the big house and Steve woke Ivy up as they had arrived. She got in a ten minute kip before they arrived which was good enough for her. They all climbed out of the car and Steve grabs Dustin's backpack for him.

They walk up the steps to the house, taking in how creepy it looks because of the years of decay and zero upkeep.

"Yeah, that's not creepy." Steve says.

"I wouldn't mind living here." Ivy says as they start to walk up to the house but they all stop to look at her when she says that. "What?"

"You want to live where a creature from the Upside Down killed a family?" Dustin asks.

"I like the architecture and I think it looks lovely, inside and out." She says, walking up to the house and not realising her mistake but someone else did.

Steve hands Ivy a hammer and keeps one for himself and the two of them work together to take off the wooden panel covering the door.

"I mean, what exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" Steve asks.

"We're not sure." Nancy answers. "We just know this house is important to Vecna."

"Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?" He asks.

"Basically." Ivy says.

"Great." He says.

"Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back. Why he killed the Creels. And how to stop him before he comes back for Max." Dustin says.

"We don't think he's in here, do we?" Lucas asks.

"Guess we'll find out." Max says.

"Ready?" Steve asks Ivy and she nods her head.

Together they let go of the wooden panel and it slams to the ground. It reveals the door with a stain glass rose in it.

Steve tries to open the door using the handle but it was no use.

"It's locked." He says. "Should I knock, see if anybody's home?" He asks.

"No need. I found a key." Robin says, holding up a brick.

Just as she was about to throw it the door swings open and they all look over to see Ivy walking in, telling them that she opened it using her powers. They didn't even think of that.

They all follow her in and stare at the house, a little creeped out.