Chapter 58

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Steve stayed with Ivy until she woke up on her own. After what he witnesses he was worried about her, he didn't want to leave her alone. He was a little sad that she didn't tell him that this was happening but at the same time he understood why she kept it to herself, it was a lot to take in and neither of them wanted to think about the Upside Down coming back to haunt them. Steve knows that her friend is there but he also knows that it is not a good place and with the good comes the bad. There is a chance her friend could come back but there is also the chance of something ugly following him out of that portal.

Ivy woke up again after closing, catching up on all the sleep she had lost the night before. Erica was getting herself ready and reading the map before she was to go in the vents. She wanted to be prepared and none of them were going to argue knowing she would pull out if they did.

"Hey, you okay?" Steve quietly asks Ivy when she wakes up as the others are close by helping Erica.

"Yeah. Why?"

"You seemed like you had a bad dream." He says.

"It's okay, nothing I haven't dealt with before." She lies. It was worse than before but she doesn't want to worry him. Maybe she should talk to Henry soon, see if everything is okay for him.

"Okay." Steve says, seeing that now isn't the best time to talk about it. He'll ask her again when they are alone.

"Hey, we're ready over here." Robin says.

"Okay, let's go." Steve says. He takes Ivy's hand and pulls her up with him.

Steve, Ivy, Robin and Dustin go to the rooftop that is opposite the loading bay. They are watching the guards to see when they go so they can tell Erica and the plan can start. 

A few minutes after they arrived the guards departed, it being the end of their shift.

"Erica, do you copy?" Robin says into the walkie, making sure that it works.

"Mm-hmm. I copy. You nerds in position or what?" She asks.

"Yeah, we're in position. It's all quiet here, so you've got the green light." Robin says

"Green light, roger that. Commence Operation Child Endangerment." She says as she starts to climb in the vent. 

"Can we maybe not call it that?" Robin asks, Steve and Ivy nod their heads in agreement with what Robin says, none of them liking the insinuation.

"See you on the other side, nerds." Erica replies, completely ignoring Robin.

They all sit in silence as the line goes dead, waiting for a sign that she made it through. They were all a little worried that she wouldn't fit the whole way through or that she would get lost or caught and they have to just sit there and wait. It was torturous.