Chapter 32

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

"Steve, I need your help." Dustin says. 

"With what?" He asks. 

"I like a girl but she won't talk to me so I did something stupid to get her attention."

"Which was?" Ivy asks.

"I found a weird creature in my rubbish and made it my new pet to impress her."

"That's why you got it?" Ivy asks in disbelief. She can understand curiosity but to impress a girl?

Ivy started to walk ahead, shaking her head. She loves Dustin like a little brother but sometimes he can be a bit clueless. The little Demogorgon must have looked weird as a baby and to be honest, she would be interested in it too, but she just can't understand why he tried to impress a girl with it. Some people just don't like things like that and think that people that do are a little weird, speaking from experience with her plants. Not everyone shares the same interests. 

 She kept ahead of them, knowing they were talking about how to impress this girl and get her attention and she would be no help with that conversation. She was a little bit confused by some of what Steve was telling Dustin, though.

"All right, so let me get this straight. You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who...who you just met?" Steve reiterates in confusion.

Ivy passed her meat bucket to Dustin so that he could have a turn throwing out the meat because it was a little gross to stick her hand in a bucket of meat.

"Alright, that's grossly oversimplifying things." Dustin says, a little annoyed at how it sounded out loud.

"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve asks.

"I think it's kind of cool." Ivy shouts back to the two of them.

"You can hear us?" Steve asks.

"We are in a dead silent forest and you two are the only noise around. So yes, I can hear you." She tells him.

"An interdimensional slug? Because it's awesome. Even Ivy agrees so you can't say it's weird." Dustin says. He has picked up on the fact that the two of them like each other but he can't understand why they haven't seen it themselves. It is so obvious.

"Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't. I... I just...I don't know. I just feel like you're trying way too hard, man." Steve tells him.

"Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right?" Dustin says, sounding a little disheartened.

"It's not about the hair, man."

"It's a little about the hair." Ivy calls from ahead of them.

"Seriously? You like my hair?" Steve calls back, momentarily forgetting his conversation with Dustin.