Chapter 40

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

"Ivy?...Ivy!?" Steve shouts when he comes back into the house.

The kids had all waved the others off before they noticed that Ivy wasn't with them. Steve went back inside to see where she was and he saw her sat at the kitchen table staring at her hands. He walked over to her and when he looked at her face he saw her eyes were completely white. It was like she had gone blind. He knelt down in front of her, taking her face in his hands.

He started to panic, calling out her name, which caused the other kids to come over and see what was wrong. When they saw Ivy's eyes they knew why Steve was freaking out. It was creepy.

Ivy eyes snapped back to their usual green with a big gasp from the girl.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Steve asks, taking his hands off her face and putting them on her knees.

Ivy looks up at Steve and the kids with tears in her eyes, upset that she isn't going to be seeing Henry in person.

"I just spoke to someone I haven't seen in a while."

"You're eyes went white." Dustin says.

"They did?"

"Yeah and it terrified me. Please don't do that again." Steve says, pulling her into a hug, which she returns desperately needing a hug.

"Who was it?" Dustin asks, being the curious child he is.

"It was someone I knew in the lab. He is stuck somewhere and I'm trying to help him get out." She tells them, not wanting to delve deeply into the details.

"I thought only El could contact you like that?" Steve says.

"No, we just have to have a connection. He would help me with my powers, training me. We would use our powers together, that's how we have a connection." She tells them.

They all nod their heads in understanding, seeing that she didn't really want to talk about it anymore.

"Are you okay?" Steve asks one final question.

"Ask me tomorrow?" She tells him, knowing they still have a long way to go.

Steve smiles at her, nodding his head. He gets up off the floor, holding a hand out for her to take. She takes his hand, getting pulled up and she looks around the house.

"We need to clear this place up." She tells them.

The kids started to look reluctant to stay around the older teens and tried sneaking off.

"Don't even think about it." Steve says.

"There's a dustpan and brush under the sink. Clean up the glass, please." Ivy says.

They follow her instruction except Dustin who just smiles brightly up at her and Steve.

"How can we help you Dustin?" Steve asks.