Chapter 99

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

They got into Max's trailer and they all sat around on the couch or the chairs. There wasn't enough room so Robin was sitting on the floor while Dustin and Lucas were standing up. Ivy was going to sit on the floor but before she got a chance to Steve pulled her onto his lap.

Nancy took one of the chairs and pulled it in front of them all so she could tell them about what she saw. While she was talking Ivy was thinking back to what happened with Henry so she wasn't really listening. She only started to pay attention to what Nancy was saying when Steve squeezed her thigh as he saw she was off in her own world.

"He showed me things that haven't happened yet. The most awful things. I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this...this giant creature with...a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighbourhoods. Our homes. And then...he showed me my mum and Holly. Mike. And they...they were all..." Nancy says, cutting herself off as she started to cry as she remembered what she was shown.

"Okay, but...he's just trying to scare you, Nance. Right? I mean...I mean, it's not real." Steve says.

"Not yet." Nancy whispers but everyone heard her. "But there...there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer, but...they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins. Our home." Nancy says.

Ivy looks over to Max and sees her thinking the same thing as her.

"Four chimes." The two of them say at the same time.

Everyone turns their attention to the two of them when they hear them say that, all a little curious.

"Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times." Max explains to them all.

"Four exactly." Ivy says.

"I heard them too." Nancy says.

"He's been telling us his plan this whole time." Max says.

"Four kills. Four gates." Lucas says. "End of the world."

"If that's true...he's only one kill away." Dustin says, saying what they were all thinking but didn't want to say.

"Oh Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ." Eddie stresses a little. He thought life was bad enough now that everyone thinks he's a murderer but now that the world is going to end...it's just makes everything a little more shitty.

"Try 'em again. Try 'em again." Steve tells Max, talking about the others in California.

Max walks over to the phone and she dials the number again but all she gets is the dial tone telling her that the call hasn't gone through.

What they didn't know was that El was watching them from the bunker and hearing what she has made her grow a lot more worried.

"Anything?" Dustin asks.