Chapter 50

3rd POV: 

3rd POV: 

A few weeks later

Ivy and Steve had been working at Scoops Ahoy for a few weeks now and it was now halfway through the summer holidays. Dustin was due back any day now and Steve was jumping off the walls with excitement, he never realised how much he would miss the little shit. Ivy was excited too but she was also worried, she seemed to always be on edge at the moment. That feeling never went away, if anything it had gotten worse. She asked Henry about it and he said that something was happening in the Upside Down and it was coming from her end. That made her worry even more.

During the four weeks that they had been working at Scoops they had discovered a secret way into the cinema and the kids had found out. Now the kids come there whenever they want to watch a new movie and Steve and Ivy have to sneak them in the back, being careful that no one sees them or they could get fired. They found out that it leads up there because they went back there to get out of Robin's way, they were doing something that Robin doesn't exactly like to see and it was after closing so no one else was around.

Today was another one of the days the kids had come to their work just to be let into the back way to get into the cinema for free.

Ivy and Robin were working the counter when the four of them came in. Mike obnoxiously rang the bell in front of them.

"Hello to you too." Ivy says.

"Hi Ivy." They all greet her, being nice to her. They are never mean to her and they are all really polite, none of them have ever seen her angry and none of them want to. The girl has fire powers, imagine that mixed with anger.

"Hey, Dingus, you're children are here!" Robin shouts back to Steve who is on his break.

Steve opens the windows and pops his head through.

"Again? Seriously?"

Mike doesn't answer he just stares at Steve and rings the bell again.

Steve opens the door a little wider and all of them file in, they go to the back door and Steve opens it again, watching them all go into the back corridors of the mall which is meant for deliveries.

"Come on, come on." He tells them, hurrying them up as he didn't want to get caught. "I swear, if anybody hears about this--"

"We're dead." They all finish for him.

Ivy comes out the back real quick and waits for Steve to come back in.

"They won't say anything. They like the free movies too much." She says, reassuring him.

"Yeah, I know." He says. "Time for me to go out there?" He asks, not wanting to as he knows Erica will be back soon for more free samples.

"Yep." She says with a bright smile. He sighs in annoyance so she kisses his cheek which makes him perk up a little but he leans in again, giving her a proper kiss. It only lasts a few seconds because then the windows are thrown open and Robin is shouting at them.