Chapter 59

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

"My groin. It fell on my groin. Dustin! Get this off of me." Steve says, stuck under the box he had just opened. "I can't move."

Dustin lifts the box up with a little struggle, placing it back on the table so Steve could get up.

"Is everyone okay?" Robin asks.

"Yeah, I'm great, now I know that Russian's can't design elevators!"

"I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work." Robin says.

"They're buttons. They have to do something." Steve says, fiddling with the buttons.

"Yeah, if we had a keycard." Robin says.

"What?"

"It's an electronic lock. Same as the loading dock door. If we don't have a keycard, it won't operate, meaning--"

"We're stuck in here." Dustin says.

"Yeah." Robin says.

Steve slams the control panel door closed in anger, running a hand through his hair in stress.

"Just so you nerds are aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home for Uncle Jack's party tomorrow and my mum finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one, and slit your throat. Except maybe Ivy, she like Ivy." Erica says.

"I don't care about Tina! or Uncle Jack's party! Your mum's not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!" Steve bursts out. It takes him a minute to realise that he never usually gets to the point of exploding ever since Ivy has been around. She always calms him down before he gets to that point. "Where's Ivy?" He asks, his tone changing from anger to worry.

"Here." Dustin says, seeing the girl unconscious on the floor.

Steve rushes over there and kneels down beside her head. "Shit." He says when he sees a bit of blood. He came to the conclusion that she must have wacked her head when they all fell down which caused her to pass out, not knowing that is also due to the pain she was in before hand. He places her head on his lap and brushes his hands through her hair, calming himself and trying to soothe her.

"Hey. What if we climbed out?" Dustin suggests, pointing to the little exit door on the roof of the lift.

Steve gently places Ivy's head back on the ground and climbs up to the little door. Dustin climbs up first with Steve's help and they both go up there to see if climbing out was possible.

"What were you saying about climbing?" Steve asks, his voice echoing, looking up and seeing how far down they are. Dustin looks up as well and sees what he means. They are really deep underground.

They both went back down into the lift and told the other two that there was no way out by climbing, they had gone too deep.

Steve went back over to Ivy and set her head back on his lap, running his fingers through her hair and hoping that she'll wake up soon. She might be their only way out. She could contact El and tell her where they are or she could open the door and they could get out. Either way, they needed her.