Chapter 24

Ivy's POV:

Ivy's POV:

After an hour we had found something and it was now 5pm. Hopper was supposed to be home soon and I hope he is for El. I don't want to leave her alone.

I spent an hour getting changed and sorting out my hair and make up. El said I had to do it as it is a part of the outfit. I think she watches too many movies.

It was now 6pm and Hopper still wasn't home and I was about to go just outside the forest.

"I'm not going, El. Hopper isn't here." I tell her.

"No, you have to." She says, opening the locks and pushing me out the door.

"But El--"

"No. Go." She says, pointing in the direction I had to go and then closing the door on me.

"I love you." I shout through the door.

"Love you too." I hear her shout back.

I walked up behind the forest that lead to the road. It didn't take long and I saw Steve's car pull up just as I walked out of the tree line. He leant over and opened the passenger side door for me.

"Woah, you look...pretty...good. You look pretty good." He says, stumbling over his words.

"Thank you." I say. "Where's Nancy?" I ask him.

"She lives close by and she wanted to walk there. She said coming to my house and then going there is a waste of time and she would rather she walk there and I drive her home." He explains, starting the car and driving off. "How's El? Is she okay?" He asks.

"She's okay. We watched GhostBusters again today but other than that she is excited to eat lots of sweets and watch movies later." I tell him.

"Sorry about ruining your plans. I hope El wasn't too upset."

"She's the one that told me to come. She pushed me into my room, picked out the clothes and then threw me out the door." I tell him.

"Yeah, sounds like El." Steve says with a chuckle, making me laugh too.

We both know how head strong El is when it comes to something she wants or believes in. And she wanted me to come here so Steve and I could spend time together. I think she thinks that there is something there when there clearly isn't. He has a girlfriend.

——————————

We get to the party and there is a bunch of drunk teenagers in crazy costumes and music blasting loudly.

I get out the car and Steve walks over to my side.

"Just don't think about the people. Think about how much fun we'll have." He says, taking my hand and pulling me towards the entrance.

We get inside the house and I have never felt more costrofobic in my life. Everyone was pushed so closely together it was like you couldn't breath or move or talk. I don't know how people are even having fun.