Chapter 26

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Ivy walked all the way to the school and by the time she made it there it was early afternoon, the students going into their penultimate class of the day.

She roamed the halls, looking for Steve or Billy but she couldn't find either of them. She was looking into one of the classroom's as sneakily as she could when she bumped into someone.

"Woah, you okay?" They asked her, gently holding onto her arms to make sure she wouldn't fall.

"Yes, thank you." She said to the curly haired brunette in front of her.

"No problem." He said, with a smile gracing his features. It made Ivy think he looked quite adorable. It made her smile too.

"I've never seen you around here before." He says.

"I'm just looking for a friend. I'm home-schooled." She tells the strange brunette.

"Home-schooling. I wish my uncle would let me be home-schooled, then I wouldn't have to deal with all these stuck up jocks everyday. Who are you looking for? Maybe I could help." He says.

"Steve Harrington or Billy Hargrove."

"Ah, the popular ones. Luckily the new one hasn't caught sight of me just yet."

"Why's that?"

"We're the freaks, the outcasts. It's basically written in the High School handbook for the jocks to pick on us. But hey, maybe this year will be my year and I'll get out of this hell hole. 1984, It's gonna be my year." He told her, making a smile light up her features at how happy he was getting.

"My name's Ivy." She told the boy, hoping that they 'bump' into each other again.

"Eddie." He said, doing a dramatic bow that made her giggle. "Now, come along Miss Ivy, I shall take you to where the jocks are." He says.

Just from this interaction she knew she wanted to see more of Eddie. He was a character but he made her smile and he was funny. She liked him and she didn't care about High School labels as she isn't in High School and her friends would have to get over each other belonging to different social groups. By the end of this year she would have befriended Eddie.

He leads her to the doors of the gym and they stop outside.

"Well this is your stop. Maybe I'll see you again, Ivy." He says.

"I hope so." She says.

The two send each other big smiles before Eddie walks off to his class and Ivy heads into the gym. She pokes her head around the stands but she doesn't see anyone there. She keeps looking and luckily one of the doors opens and a familiar head of brown hair comes out the door.

"Steve!" She calls out to him.

"Ivy?" He questions, walking over to her. "What are you doing here?"

"El, she left the cabin and I can't find her. I need to find her before Hopper gets back or he is going to go ballistic. Please can you help me?" She asks, pulling out puppy dog eyes. Anything she could to get him to help.