Chapter 47

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

It's CHRISTMAS!

Today was Christmas and the Hopper household was humming with excitement. Steve's parents couldn't get back in time so Hopper invited him over to theirs for Christmas and he couldn't be more excited. He was happy to be around family for the holidays, this isn't the first Christmas his parents couldn't be back for. The first time was when he was six years old.

Steve stayed the night so he could wake up with us to have Christmas morning, instead of waking up alone and feeling sad.

When we got up Hopper had made us all pancakes for breakfast, except El, she had waffles.

"Merry Christmas, everyone. Dig in." He says and we all do.

Everyone grabs a pancake off the side and puts it on their plate, sitting down to eat together as a family.

Later in the day, the kids would be coming over with Joyce, Jonathan and Nancy. They decided to come to the cabin to open presents together and then all go home for dinner with their families. It was all sorted out.

"Thank you for Breakfast, Chief. And for letting me stay here." Steve said to Hop.

"Don't worry about it. No one should be alone at Christmas." Hopper says.

----------

After breakfast they played some board games while Christmas movies played in the background. Everyone came over at lunch time so they tidied up their game as soon as the sound of cars came from outside.

El put it away and Steve and Ivy moved the table back to the corner, as they moved it in front of the couch so they could watch movies and play at the same time.

"Merry Christmas!" They all shouted at the door.

"Merry Christmas!" Everyone inside shouted back at them.

They all came bustling in, placing their presents by the tree, which was behind the TV. They all sat on the sofa or on the floor. Steve and Ivy just sat straight on the floor, well Steve sat on the floor and Ivy sat on his lap.

"Who's ready for presents?" Joyce asks, getting loud replies in return.

"Okay, okay. Who wants to hand out first?" Hopper says.

Joyce takes the reigns, going first to hand out her presents to everyone. They all open them and get excited all giving her their thanks for what she has gotten them.

It continues like this until the last person, Ivy. She hands out their presents and everyone absolutely loves them. She put a lot of thought into them and they are all very thankful for it, especially the kids. Dustin was so happy with his tool kit that he ran over to Ivy and jumped on her lamp, giving her a hug which made Steve grunt in pain as she was still on his lap. 

"Are these like your ones?" Steve asks, remembering her cosy jammies and blanket from when she came over to play in the snow. 

"Yeah." She says.