Chapter 28

Ivy's POV:

Ivy's POV:

Later on in the day, I heard El get up and things shuffling around. I guess Hopper had asked her to tidy up and she was actually listening to him. It's not something she does often.

However, a while ago it went silent once more. It was then that I saw a brown file slide under my door with my name on it.

I bent down and picked it up, taking it back to my bed where I had been listening to music. Steve had gotten me a Walkman for my 'birthday'. I never knew when my birthday was so Steve surprised me one day and said that day could be my birthday. He gave me a present, a Walkman and some cassettes, and we had dinner. We went for a walk in the woods, spoke to a few plants and then finished off the day watching a movie at his house. It was the best day ever and I can't wait to hopefully do it again next year.

I opened the file up and saw pictures of me through the years. There was one as a baby, a toddler, a child and then in my early teen years before I escaped.

I knew I had been in the lab for that long but to see it layed out in front of me made me realise just how long it really was. I never had much of a childhood because of that place and this just lays it all out for me.

I carried on looking through the file and I saw a page with a man and a woman's picture on it. They were cuddled up to each other on a bench and they looked happy. When I looked beneath the picture I saw their names.

May Daisy Whitlock - Age 27 - Mother

Born - Feburary 21st 1940

Died - March 11th 1967

James Louis Collymore - Age 30 - Father

Born - June 5th 1937

Died - March 11th 1967

Dahlia May Collymore - Age 12 - Daughter - Experiment Zero

Born - March 11th 1967

Escaped - September 8th 1979 at Age 12.

This was about my parents. My mother and father. However, after reading just the one page and knowing that they died on my birthday I knew something was fishy. I kept looking and came across a particular paragraph that bought tears to my eyes.

'Experiment Zero was acquired this morning from Newbury Hospital. She weighs 5 pounds exactly. There was no birthing problems but she may have future problems due to premature birth. Zero' parents will not have any chance of finding her as they were both killed on scene at the hospital. Their bodies have been taken for burial in an unknown gravesite. That is all the information at this time.'

The paragraph reads. My parents had been killed moments after I was born and they didn't even have a proper grave. They had been buried somewhere no one would find them.

I let a few tears slip down my face at the fact that I am never going to get to see my parents or leave flowers on their graves. I felt all alone and I never feel like that. I always have my plants to cheer me up but even now they can't help me.