Chapter 79

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Ivy was pulled out of her head when all the screaming came to a halt and she saw her boyfriend throttled against a wall with a beer bottle at his throat. The person holding the beer bottle was her dear friend Edward Munson.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Eddie! Eddie! Stop!" Dustin says and Ivy goes over to him so they could both calm down their friend.

She knows that Eddie is in flight or fight mode right now and he doesn't know if we are here to turn him in to the police or hurt him, like others would. He doesn't really know who he is holding against the wall, too focused on making it out of there alive.

"Eddie! Eddie!" Dustin shouts, pushing Robin and Max behind him before they make the situation worse.

"It's me. It's Dustin." He says.

"Eddie. Hey, it's just me." Ivy says as his attention turns to her.

"It's Steve. He's not going to hurt you, remember." She calmly says, not wanting her voice to startle him.

"Right, yeah." Steve says, nodding along to Ivy's statement.

"Steve, why don't you drop the oar?" Dustin suggests and Steve drops the oar.

When Steve drops the oar it makes a bang and Eddie pushes the bottle closer to Steve's neck, startled by the noise and it reminding him of the night before.

"He's cool. He's cool." Dustin says.

"You two play the Atari together, remember. He's not gonna hurt you." Ivy says, trying to trigger a happy memory because he seems to be stuck in the traumatic one from the day before.

"I'm cool, man. I'm cool." Steve says.

"What are you doing here?" Eddie asks, snapping out of his head a little.

"We're looking for you." Dustin says.

"We're here to help." Robin says.

"Eddie, these are my friends. You remember them, right?" Dustin says, thinking back to Pizza and Movie night at Steve and Ivy's, the time he came along and met everyone.

"You know Robin, from band." He says, trying to think of a time from school.

"Dudle dudle du." She says, miming a trumpet.

"This my friend Max. The one that never wants to play D&D." He says.

"And you know them all from movie night at our place." Ivy says to him, pointing between her and Steve.

"Eddie. We're on your side." Dustin says.

"We just want to help." Ivy says.

"I swear on my mother. Right, guys?" Dustin says.

"Yes. Yes. We swear." Max says.

"On Dustin's mother." Robin says.

"Yeah, Dustin's...Dustin's mother." Steve says, stuttering as he still has a broken bottle against his throat.