Chapter 34

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Ivy gives the kids a different task, telling them to go and find some tyres. She didn't want them to get cut on the rusty metal and end up with a infected cut. That would be a horrible thing to explain to their parents.

While the kids were hunting around for where the tyres are, Steve and Ivy were collecting all the scrap metal sheets they could find and throwing them into a pile. That way when they are putting them around and inside the bus they don't have to travel far to get them.

The kids came back over, wheeling some tyres with them. They mentioned finding some barrels over by the tyres. Steve and Ivy went with them and the five of them each grabbed a barrel and rolled it down the hill and over to the bus. They put the barrels around the bottom of the bus, to make sure the baby Demogorgon's couldn't get under the bus and attack them from beneath. That was their one weak point out of the entire bus.

Steve grabs the gasoline tank from where Ivy dropped it inside the bus. He leads a trail of it from the pile of meat over to the bus so they could set it a light when the Demogorgon was eating. Just like last year.

Max was looking for something so they could climb onto the roof of the bus, that way they could have eyes from above. She found a ladder in a pile by a rusted car. She took it over to the bus and with the help of Ivy and Lucas they wiggled it into place and out the top window in the bus. Ivy had to climb on the roof and pull it from above while they wiggled it from below.

The last thing they did was the tyres. The kids had wheeled all the ones they could find towards the bus rested them on the floor. Ivy and Steve were on the roof of the bus and the kids were below. They would throw up the tyres for Ivy and Steve to catch and place around the roof like a shield. To make sure that whoever was on top of the bus couldn't be seen and be safer.

As the sun started to set and all their work was done, they filed into the bus. Lucas went in first, then Max, then Steve (doing final checks as he went past), then Dustin and lastly Ivy.

-------

Lucas climbed onto the roof of the bus as he had binoculars and could look out for Dart a lot better. He settled in by the tyres and looked over the foggy scrapyard, waiting for any movement.

Inside the bus, Steve and Ivy were sat beside each other on the floor, watching Dustin pace in worry. Max was sat on a seat facing towards the older teenagers.

Steve was flicking a lighter in his hand, which Ivy was confused on why he had it. She could light the fire but Steve didn't want her excreting her powers on something so small.

"So, you really fought one of these things before?" She asks Steve and Ivy.

Steve and Ivy both nod their heads at her. "I've got the scars to prove it." Ivy says, thinking about the scars on her back.

"And you're, like, totally 100% sure it wasn't a bear?" She asks.

"Shit. Don't be an idiot. Okay? It wasn't a bear. Why are you even here if you don't believe us? Just go home." Dustin says to her, shocking Ivy at the way he was speaking.