Submitted by @kaorumegumi

Slut. That was what my mates called a girl in our class. I cannot say her real name but let's call her Emily. Emily was rather pretty, with black hair tied in a ponytail and brown eyes. I used to hang out with her too, until I got depression and drifted apart from all of my friends. When I got over my own personal problems and was all right again, I talked to my friends again and they told me about the latest news.

Friend 1: Do you know Emily?

Friend 2: Of course! She's such a slut!

Me: What?

I was beyond shocked. Emily, the girl whom everyone used to like, had been transformed into a "slut" over a few months. My Math teacher hated me and her. Emily was hated more, for she played truant sometimes, never did her homework, lied, and she never smiled. My best friends told me not to talk to her because she was a "slut." They called her fat, and they always gossiped about her fat thighs during lunch.

I ignored my best friends and I talked to Emily. She was silent like a stone.

Me: Hi, Emily!

Emily: Oh, umm... Hi?

Me: Are you okay?

Emily: Yeah, yes, I am doing pretty well now...

Me: Oh. Have you eaten?

Emily: Sort of.

Me: I will see you later!

Emily: Sure.

She hid her depression, she hid her sadness, but I was the only one who actually hung out with her during lunch. Emily is still called a slut. She still is. No matter how much of a "slut" a person is thought to be, a person is a human. They make mistakes. Even though I knew Emily lied at times, I treated her like a normal human being. Everyone's a human being.