Submitted by @ChineseNoodle, Author of "Her Secrets"

"I wear skirts a lot so I MUST be a slut."

How untrue this line is.

Guess what? 

My name is Emily (not Emily Lindin, Emily Zinn) and I have worn skirts for most of my life.

Want to know why?

It's not because I am a slut, a whore, a pervert, or any other name like that.

It's because I'm Jewish. (And shut up if you are antisemetic.) I'm not crazily Jewish, I used to be fully Jewish when I was younger but I "grew out of it" by the time I hit high school.

But up until high school, I wore skirts every day and the only time I wore pants was at night.

Now I don't wear skirts, I actually never wear them because I'm so sick of them, I've gotten a tattoo, and I'm basically not Jewish anymore.

But I still remember the LOOKS, the HATE, the FINGERS, and the non-subtle reminders that I was wearing a skirt and people thought I was a slut and a whore and a pervert.

I have an alternate account called @ChineseNoodle2 where I put all of my non-novels, and on there I have a sort of book called "Stereotypes" and I guess it's sort of the same idea of this, but not really. It focuses on all stereotypes, but being a slut because you are wearing a skirt is one of them.

I just want to show people that stereotypes are just... stereotypes. Nothing more. There are an assumption from the public of what a human being is like, what their personality is, just because they are Christian, or gay, or a girl, etc.