Chapter 2 Part 1

EP2 - Seowon High School (1)

There's a band called Blue Acacia. It's more famous abroad than in Korea, known for creating experimental songs.

It consists of four members: a vocalist, a guitarist, a bassist, and a drummer, with the most famous being none other than the guitarist.

Won Seong-min.

Since childhood, he's been called the guitar prodigy. His unique finger technique is widely known, and he's a true world-class guitarist who often collaborates with prominent foreign bands.

And now, Won Seong-min is right in front of me. In the world. I saw an interview where he mentioned casually operating a studio as a hobby, but I never imagined it would be in our neighborhood.

"Do you know Blue Acacia?"

"Yes. They're famous."

"It's interesting. Not many people in Korea know Blue Acacia."

Won Seong-min, who said that, gave a wry smile.

Indeed, Blue Acacia is somewhat minor in Korea.

"Still, it's nice to meet someone who knows Blue Acacia."

"Me too."

The one who's glad is me. Won Seong-min is not only famous as a guitarist but also as the producer of Blue Acacia. All of Blue Acacia's albums are born from his hands.

And that person said he would teach me the guitar.

"Are you really going to teach me the guitar?"

"Yes, well, you can decline if it's inconvenient."

Nodding vigorously. Who would refuse to learn from a world-renowned guitarist! Moreover, he doesn't even charge money; he just asks to listen to the song he creates.

There's no better deal than this.

"I really want to learn!"

"Is now a good time for you?"

Of course, it is. It should be okay even if it's not okay.

§ § §

What should I say about Won Seong-min? He's a very peculiar person. First of all, he never drops formal language. Even though I told him to speak comfortably, he insists that formal language is comfortable for him.

And he stubbornly insisted on being called 'senior.' He feels embarrassed by 'teacher' and uncomfortable with 'boss.' Lastly, he's extremely reluctant to talk about himself.

That's a bit disappointing.

I wanted to hear stories about Blue Acacia.

Still, apart from those aspects, Won Seong-min was a very good teacher. Usually, geniuses often struggle to teach others, but Won Seong-min was different.

He explained everything from the very basics to things that shouldn't be missed, in a way even someone like me could understand.

He didn't talk about what geniuses call 'inspiration' or 'talent.' Just with that, he's a perfect 100 out of 100 as a teacher.

Moreover, Won Seong-min listened to my songs and gave very constructive feedback. Honestly, this part was the most pleasing to me.

"Shouldn't this part be lowered a bit? It seems a bit high for Ha-jun to sing."

"Oh, that's okay. This song isn't meant for me to sing."

"Really? That's surprising. I thought it was Ha-jun's song."