Chapter 3 Part 3

EP3 - Among Geniuses (3)

When people think of a genius singer, they think of various things. They sing high notes well, have good lyrical expression, excellent vocal skills, a pleasant tone, and strong charisma.

There are many other qualities as well.

So what talent does Yoon Sooyeon possess?

Is her foundation solid?

This is a bit ambiguous.

Compared to students at Seolwon High School, Yoon Sooyeon's fundamentals are lacking. After all, she has never properly learned to sing until now.

Lyrical expression? She's excellent at it. But she's not yet at the level of being a genius. Singing high notes well? That's ambiguous too. Initially, Yoon Sooyeon's voice isn't suited for high notes.

According to Yoon Hajoon, Yoon Sooyeon's talent lies in her tone and charisma. Normally, her voice is ordinary, but when she sings, it becomes extraordinary.

It's like a voice on a rainy dawn.

A voice full of moist dawn emotions.

With that voice, she sings songs full of charisma, and listening to it, one's emotions are overwhelmed. Yoon Sooyeon sings with her eyes closed.

"Let's go on a journey.

Throwing everything away,

Let's run away far away.

'Amazing.'"

Yoon Sooyeon exclaimed while singing. How should one express this feeling? The more she sings, the more comfortable it becomes, like it's become second nature.

Originally, singing, even her own songs, feels natural to her.

This was the first time she felt this sensation while singing.

And Yoon Sooyeon's feeling was accurate.

The song she was singing now, "Runaway," was a song made exclusively for her. Originally, "Runaway" wasn't this kind of song.

It was a song filled with stubborn emotions of wanting to escape from the harsh reality, lamenting one's lack of talent. Yoon Hajoon completely revamped it for Yoon Sooyeon.

It became a free-spirited song that suited Yoon Sooyeon.

"Turn off the complicated daily life.

Let's leave the busy city.

He changed the somewhat gloomy melody to a brighter and fresher one. However, he slowed down the tempo a bit to maximize Yoon Sooyeon's charm. As a result, it was reborn as a very groovy song.

Yoon Hajoon watched Yoon Sooyeon singing.

This song is an apology.

An apology for causing his sister to give up her dream because of him, and for her struggling.

Atonement.

It's not just this song. There are still many songs that Yoon Hajoon made for Yoon Sooyeon. And he will continue to make songs for her in the future.

The youth, dreams, laughter that Yoon Sooyeon lost.

And many other things.

Until she recovers all of those.

The reason I, who was like trash, was given another chance is undoubtedly because of that.

§ § §

"Did you enjoy today?"